Dont wanna sound thick!

Trinity

Reaction score
But i am supposed to ovulate tomorrow so thought i would do an ovulation test today (not done one before). The instructions said that if the line was lighter than the test line that shows it is working then it was negative but i didnt get a second line come up at all ... not even faint. So i have been all depressed today coz of that .. wish i had never done it now. So do you reckon that means that i am not gonna ovulate this month? Should there be a faint line normally anyway? I think im just so paranoid at the moment coz i didnt expect it to take this long to get pg.

If a second line didnt come up then the test was faulty. With an opk there shoulf always be a second line and it will change how dark or light it is depending on your cycle.

Is it definatley an opk and not a hpt test?

i dont always get a second line, it depends on what test im useing.

xx

Yea its deffo an opk .. a boots one.. gonna test again tomorrow and see what that does. Maybe it was faulty then and i am getting upset for nothing .. lol.

Thanks guys :)

There should always be a second line as there is always LH in your body, its only when you get the surge of LH that makes the line darker because theres more of it.

ok .. so now i really hope that it was faulty!! Assuming that i do have some LH in me!! Will test again tomorrow and hope that it shows 2 lines then. I think maybe i am panicing about nothing but cant help it. Thanks for the replies though :D

i dont think that rule aplies to everyone tho, I have had a few tests where i have had no second line, not even a faint one, and i know they werent faulty coz i have had lines on them in the past, I also get alot of false positives too.

Keep testing with them Trinity, you should get a line at some point in your cycle.

xx

Could that be related to the PCOS? i also get false results because of it so stopped using them

yeah i think my false positives are down to that, got really frutrating!

I wont be useing them again in a hurry lol

x

Ok well just tested again and i got a faint second line. But it was VERY faint. OH couldnt even see it but it was definately there. So thats put my mind at rest a little bit. Will test again tomorrow and see if it is any darker. Maybe just not gonna ovulate this month :cry:

alot of people go by the fact that you ovulated between 14 and 16 days of your cycle, but in most cases its not true, alot of people have longer cycles or it can be delayed through stress and medical problems.

Dont be hard on yourself if you dont ovulate on time hun, :hugs:

xx

Thanks hun .. think im just gonna do all the 5 tests that came in the box over the next 5 days and see what happens. Ordered some more online yesterday so if nothing this month will try again next month.

Tested again today and there was a definate line .. was still quite faint but even oh could see it today. Maybe it will get darker over the next couple of days and maybe just gonna ovulate late this month. Anyway feel very much more relieved now i got a line .. lol :happydance:

It doesn't sound right to me - What day in your cycle did you start using OPKs?

Too be honest going on what you have said I would swap over to charting on your next cycle for 2-3 months. Its really easy an it will give a clearer idea of whet your body is doing. Just a sugegstion :D

I started testing on cd 13 as I was estimated to ovulate on cd 14 .. now cd 16 and still negative .. no line again at all today (or it is so faint i cant see it). So first test no line, second test very faint line, third test faint but deffo visable, fourth test no line. I have been charting using TCOYF for the past 8 months but that has only identified that I have ovulated three times .. and dont know whether to trust that anyway as I cant see how it came to that conclusion as I cant see any typical pattern or symptoms. I cant go by cm as I hardly ever get any! So thats why I thought I would try using opks.

So think I might take a trip to the drs .. but just phoned and the only nice dr at the surgery (and the one that I have spoken to about this before) is leaving on Friday so probably wont get to see him again :cry:

Im just so worried that Im not ovulating properly .. part of me is glad that i used the opks so that I know whats going on but part of me wishes that I hadnt done the tests and I wouldnt be so paranoid about it. I just dont think that the dr will do anything yet though coz its only been 8 months.

TCOYF ? You have been temping?

:hugs: I don't know what to suggest other than taking your temps for a short while which I'm not sure if your saying you have been ...

Lol sorry ... Taking Charge of Your Fertility! Yea i have been temping .. its the same as fertility friend but its software on my laptop rather than online. Its ok .. thank you for your responses anyway .. think i will just go speak to the dr and see if he can put my mind at ease coz i dont know what else to do either.:cry: Will try the opk again tomorrow and see what that says although still dont seem right to me anyway.

Thank you though :D

GP sounds like a good idea now hun at this stage - Only 3 months out of 8 tell you you O'ed?

CM do you notice it at all - i don't think I ever did until all this.

Magic medicine ... Increases CM however I've never tried or know much info, how it can help etc. AG is the woman for that I think x

I do notice cm sometimes but not often .. never alot there. And just double checked and it does say only 3 months .. the other months just seem really random lol. Sometimes it doesnt even show a cover line coz my temp is all over the place sometimes. Its gone very low at the mo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->