• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Dopplar making me very upset

Hotbell312

Reaction score
I know it's way early, but the dopplar is driving me crazy. I am so sad and worried because I can't hear my baby and it seems like everyone else is able to. Have a sono tomorrow and will update. I guess that's why the suggest not getting one. Anyways just venting:(

I got mine a few days ago and couldn't find it either. That, paired with cramping made me worry and get checked out. Baby was totally fine! I'm sure yours is too! It's still very early to find it on a doppler.

It's super hard! I've had my Doppler a few days now and just found the heartbeat tonight. The trick I found is you have to slant the Doppler and push pretty hard. Once I pushed hard enough I was able to pick up lo's heartbeat after thinking my artery was it for the longest. lol once you find LOs though you will know for sure its baby!

I couldn't find my baby on my doppler at 9 weeks, took til I was 10+5 and still took forever to find it. Now I'm 12 weeks I can find it quickly now.

Don't worry, it's perfectly understandable that you can't find the hb. For some it takes til 11/12 weeks. Some even longer. They are tiny and good at hiding.

It's definitely tricky to find early on. Try really down Lmost on the pubic line and apple some pressure. Try in the middle then work to the left, then try right. Move slowly becUse just a fraction and you will lose it again, it's kiteralky like a needle in a hay stack xx

Very normal not to be able to find it this early. Don't worry baby will be fine in there xx

Ita hard to find where u here the swooshing noise is where i find our baby cud b hidin hun

It is hard to find early on. I found mine for the first time aroun d 9 weeks but it was really faint and I couldn't get a reading on the doppler. Then I wouldn't be able to find it the next day. Now it's much easier to find and it's loud. Give it a couple days and try again. It's still early and baby might be hiding on you. :)

I just found mine yesterday at 10w3d and I'm being told that is even early.

I couldn't find mine until 16 weeks. If your ticker is correct, your baby is only an inch long, so imagine how teensy tiny the heart is, and how hard it must be to hear that heart.

One thing that helped me is getting some regular aloe vera gel to use instead of the gel that came with the doppler. Also at that stage, your baby is going to be super super low - scan really close to your pubic bone.

They are now saying that doppler use can harm the baby... so I stopped using mine (((

:hugs: You are very very early hun, midwives don't try to find the HB until 16 weeks with a dopplar and even then they can't always find it. My advice would be to put it away until you are a little further on and try not to worry. Although I know this is easier said than done. Good luck with your scan tomorrow

They are now saying that doppler use can harm the baby... so I stopped using mine (((

You would have to use the Doppler an unimaginable amount for it to cause any harm.

I have also heard to not expect to hear a heartbeat until at least 16 weeks with a doppler. Before that, you are most likely picking up your own heartbeat which is much easier to hear. I remember at 13 or so weeks my doctor was able to pick up my baby's beat but mine was much louder so it was very hard to hear hers underneath. Even with a trained hand it's just hard.

I have also heard that dopplers are not terribly safe but I have not done the research on it. Something to do with the radiation levels.

I have also heard to not expect to hear a heartbeat until at least 16 weeks with a doppler. Before that, you are most likely picking up your own heartbeat which is much easier to hear. I remember at 13 or so weeks my doctor was able to pick up my baby's beat but mine was much louder so it was very hard to hear hers underneath. Even with a trained hand it's just hard.

I have also heard that dopplers are not terribly safe but I have not done the research on it. Something to do with the radiation levels.

I disagree, I've been able to find the bAbys heartbeat from 8 weeks, and all my others before 16 weeks.
Being my 8th baby it's very easy to differentiate bAbys heart beat from my own.

Actually, it tends to heat up the tissues and can cause damage to the fetus.

https://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm095508.htm

Baby's hr today on scan was 159. I guess I just need more practice with the dopplar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"