Doppler- angeline or sonoline B?

Kato2

Mummy to 1 and pregnant
Reaction score
Which would everyone recommend?

I'd be interested in this too. And also what was the earliest you could find baby's heartbeat please?

I'd be interested in this too. And also what was the earliest you could find baby's heartbeat please?

I found my little boys at around 9weeks but I rented the Doppler and can't remember which brand it was.

I borrowed my gf's sononline b. There's tons of YouTube vids on using it and a lot of ppl have reported being successful with it as early as 8 weeks! I started using it at 10 wks and it does recommend you not use it till 12 wks. But that isn't bc it causes issues, it's bc it can be very difficult to find and cause undue stress and worry. So just keep that in mind.

There have been a few nights where we gave up bc the baby moved and it took too long to find it. The thing is to not panic, usually we found the baby the next day.

I bought a sonoline on ebay (used) and I found ds at 10 weeks - huge relief to have it may I add. Alhough dh did say he'd throw it away if I got stressed with it, lol!

I have since lent it to a few friends and all have loved it. Getting it back in August so can start listening in to this one :) x

I've not tried the angel sounds, but have been using my sonoline for a few years now. I found ds1 first time I looked at 9w, ds2 from 7w1d and the one I lost in January from 8w onwards.

Thanks girls, I think I'll get one for next time. Fingers crossed it comes soon, the bfp I mean!

Thanks kato for starting this xx

Hey ladies

I have a dopler as my sister is a midwife however I would give a friendly warning I wouldn't go crazy with getting one and the reason is: until 12 weeks the uterus is still within the pelvic cavity so you wouldn't be able to get a heartbeat until then.

The scan is usually transvaginal at early stages for that reason.
most early heartbeats on home monitors are picking up the mothers heartbeat or tummy gurgles.
My recommendation is one a friend on here gave me, you can get private early scans for £50 to put your mind at rest but until 5.5 - 6 weeks no heartbeat will be obvious but they can tell if there is a sac and yolk (which shows if things are as they should be).

I'm not trying to be Debbie Downer but I just wanted you to know the facts before you buy.

Good luck xxx

I had an angel sounds on my last pregnancy. Won't be buying one this time. Was yet another thing to drive me crazy counting heartbeats and freaking out... It caused me more panic than good personally. But that's me. It was a good in that it did work tho x

I Ordered a sonoline c1 off of eBay the only reason being is in ontario canada I won't see my midwife till I'm 12 weeks...I'm going in totally in the mindset that I may not find the heartbeat right away..

I'm almost 8w and I have just purchased the sonoline b. just waiting for it to arrive. I am aware that it is probably too early to sense anything but curiosity is getting the better of me. Being in the UK means we don't have any scans until at least 10w so this is just to use around that time. If I don't hear anything I'm not going to be too disheartened as I know it's early but the longer I have it the more practice I can get using it. And it was cheaper than an early scan! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->