• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Doppler is here...now I'm not sure

AF_Momma

Reaction score
I have been waiting anxiously for my angel sounds doppler to arrive. The delivery estimate was Oct 17th and it arrived today 10 days early. Um YAY?? All of a sudden I"m so scared to use it and not being able to find the hb. I know I'm just being silly but did anyone else feel like this. It's sitting on my dining room table and I just keep walking by it trying to pretend it's not there LOL

Get it on your belly :) it will reasssure you about bloat too :) i so want to order one but the OHs voice in my head "don't waste money" xxx

Patience and very slow movement to find your LO. Don't get discouraged if you do not find it right away. Take breaks so you don't get discouraged. I found mine as early as 9.5 wks but it was never constant. One day right away the next couldn't find it at all.

Good luck!!!

Snap. I have one but theres days where I can't find it and other days I find it easily. I use it once a week. It's addictive xxx

Well I did it and I wasn't able to find it but I was suprisingly ok with it. I think I just need to get the hang of it. Lots of swishing sounds and for some reason that was exciting enough. I just pictured baby moving around making the sounds. I'll try again tomorrow, thanks for helping me get over my doppler fear! :winkwink:

Use youtube, by watching videos you'll get an idea of where baby should be and what sounds your looking for.

Try typing in "angelsounds at 14 weeks".

Good luck :D

Definitely watch a couple of youtube videos. Take the wand slow, try to hardly move it just switch the angle slowly. If you hear swishing (placenta) you are close! :)

Try using it really low down just above your pubic bone and lots of gel. Take it very slow. :) good luck you'll get it soon xx

Make sure ur testing around ur pubic bone not on ur tummy. Baby is still very low even at 18 wks im still hearing it down there altho i can feel the top of my uterus under my belly button. Alot of people make the mistake of testing on their bellies :)

Make sure ur testing around ur pubic bone not on ur tummy. Baby is still very low even at 18 wks im still hearing it down there altho i can feel the top of my uterus under my belly button. Alot of people make the mistake of testing on their bellies :)

This was my exact mistake. Even at just 14 weeks I have a pretty big bump and can feel my uterus up high but it wasn't until I went down about a 1-2 inches from my pubic bone that I was able to hear the grand sound of a galloping little heartbeat!!! I was in awe at how great it sounded and checked my own heartbeat just to make sure I had the right one. It was amazing and I was able to record it to send it to my parents. Although I've had 3 ultrasounds and have seen the heartbeat on the screen this was the first time I've actually heard it. Oh this was so worth the $$$. Now to try to put it somewhere so I'm not over dopplerizing my belly!!! lol :winkwink:

Oh love thats great news!!! Best feeling ever!!

I was actually planning on buying one. And the DH freaked me out by saying its not good for baby etc etc etc. Then he asked our doctor at my appointment yesterday, and she recommended not to get one. Not because of safety, she said there wasn't really much studies done to prove one or the other. But she said basically the same, it may be hard to find and then you get worried and it causes unneeded stress. So ugh idk

BTW Did you change your Avatar? haha.

I will say it was hard to find at first even at 14 weeks. I didn't think it would be since seeing some people finding it as early as 10 weeks! I haven't used it as much as I thought (only twice) but it was good peace of mind after I did find it. Of course I did not open the box until I was sure that I would not let myself get freaked out if I couldn't find it.
I did get a little concerned after reading another post earlier today about placenta/hearbeat sounding the same. I didn't have a doppler with my first so this is my first time ever using one. I also have never heard it at the ob's office only seen it on the screen. I haven't felt movement so at the moment this is my way to "check in". As I start to feel more movement I won't use it as much but I did REALLY enjoy seeing the look on my 7 yr old's face when she first heard it. She can't make it to appts as they're always during school hours so it was very cool. I asked my doctor about it and he said safety wise it wasn't really an issue, it's more of the anxiety it can produce as even trained professionals can struggle with finding the hb because of placenta or baby position.

Honestly hun youtube it theres definitely a difference, the placenta is woooshing noises like the wind blowing with a faint beat slower than babys. Babys is very fast sounds like a train or galloping, if you count for 20 seconds then times the number by 3 you'll find out how many bpm baby is. It should be between 120-180.

It can be difficult cos bubs has so much space to move but once you've find it you can't mistake it :) I think you found it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"