Doppler just making me nervous

KahluaCupcake

Achievement Unlocked: PG
Reaction score
I'm sure it's fine. Baby is 9w5d, I'm overweight, and it's not a guaranteed thing to hear the heartbeat so soon. But I'm now a little nervous....A week from tomorrow, gestation-wise, is when I learned I had lost Ella. And I don't know for sure if I were ever able to find her heartbeat either.
I should probably just lock it back up in the other room and not pull it out until after my ultrasound two weeks from today.

My morning sickness is still brutal though.

Sorry for your loss. I personally, don't think you should try. I didn't find my baby's until 10 weeks and a few days I think it was and I was underweight! I was trying from 8 and a half weeks. I suffered a loss too and everytime I couldn't find the heartbeat I just got worried and depressed. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :] xx

I too just ordered a doppler... I had a previous loss at 9 weeks, didn't know until 12... so I was really struggling with whether to get one. If I find it I'd be reassured, if not I'd freak out. I think what I'm going to do is wait until about 10 or 11 weeks to use it (although I'd be tempted) so I am more likely to find the heartbeat. If I don't find it, at least I wouldn't have to wait too long for a doctor's appt to try to hear it. If I were you, I'd put it away at least for a week and forget about it. Easier said than done, I know. I know you're nervous, I would be too, but remember many women at 9-10 weeks can't find the heartbeat yet.

Aww huge hugs hun. it must be a really worrying time for you but step away from the doppler lol.
i was around 15 weeks before i found babys heartbeat for the first time and about 17 weeks before i could find it easily.
just try to remember how tiny baby is at the minute and how much room he /she has got to hide in x

I wouldn't use it either! I also used to work for a company that rents dopplers, and we always used to tell women who were that early NOT to rent one, regardless of how thin or heavy they were. At least 60% were not successful, and they always got really scared for no reason!

I miss carrie 6.5 weeks, bought a doppler this time. and found a heartbeat yesterday ..great investment , glad I got it

I miss carrie 6.5 weeks, bought a doppler this time. and found a heartbeat yesterday ..great investment , glad I got it

Wow that's incredibly early! What kind of doppler is it? And what's your body type?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->