• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

doppler questiom

cl2010

Reaction score
how early can you use the sonoline b i ordered mine last night

I found both my babies' heart beats at 10 weeks.

Iv seen sum can be found as early as 6 n half wks

I tried from 7 weeks with this baby but couldn't find it until spot on 10 weeks. I have the sonoline b.

ill give it ago mayb at 7 wks n c what happens i had one before but it didnt detect untill 18 wks was a strap on one

It really depends on the pregnancy. With DD I couldn't find it until 15+3 and this one I found it at 8+6.

Some people find the heartbeat around the same time each time. Some people find them at different times. It's really hard to say when.

I believe Sonoline B says around 9-10 weeks is the earliest (though it can be earlier, but I don't believe many have found the heartbeat earlier than 8 weeks - if so, it's rare).

can it depend on ur size cos im rly small framed ?

I was extremely small also. Found it at 9 weeks. It was really helpful to watch the youtube videos.

thank u hun ill have a watch at sum

The important thing to remember is to not get alarmed or worried if you can't find it this early. Many people can't find it until 10, 12, or even in my case, 16 weeks. If your counter is correct, right now your baby is approx the size of a sesame seed, so you can imagine how eensy-weensy tiny the heart is at this stage.

Also, when you're checking, make sure to look for the baby way down by your pubic bone, they're still nestled deep in there for a very long time. At 16 weeks, my baby is just starting to move up and out of there, but they're still pretty deep in there. It may be harder to hear just based on the location and if your bones are in the way.

So don't worry at all if you can't find it for several more weeks yet.

The important thing to remember is to not get alarmed or worried if you can't find it this early. Many people can't find it until 10, 12, or even in my case, 16 weeks. If your counter is correct, right now your baby is approx the size of a sesame seed, so you can imagine how eensy-weensy tiny the heart is at this stage.

Also, when you're checking, make sure to look for the baby way down by your pubic bone, they're still nestled deep in there for a very long time. At 16 weeks, my baby is just starting to move up and out of there, but they're still pretty deep in there. It may be harder to hear just based on the location and if your bones are in the way.

So don't worry at all if you can't find it for several more weeks yet.
Thank u hun ill remember that x

I found my baby's heartbeat a little after 9 weeks, struggled for a little while to find it again til just after 10 weeks and seem to find it ok each time but I leave it a few days in between. I find that using a pillow to rest my bottom on to lift my pelvis, helps a bit :)

can it depend on ur size cos im rly small framed ?

It can depend on size too. Though I'm overweight and still managed to find this one at 8+6, so I don't think it guarantees how early you'll find it.

If your earlier than 10 weeks-ish, you may want to try with a full bladder. It was the only way I could find it so early (otherwise I couldn't find it when I tried - after 10 - 11 weeks I had to start emptying my bladder).

As the pp suggested, I also found it easier if I had my pelvis tilted up when it was earlier on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"