Doppler Question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by KJunkie, Apr 23, 2009.

1. KJunkie

KJunkie Guest

I received my doppler in the mail today and was trying to find the heartbeat. Well, it was working just fine at first then all of a sudden it started this constant white noise sound; you know, like a radio station that you don't get ... what is wrong with it?? (I have checked batteries and such.)

2. MrsQ

MrsQ Mummy to Mikey and bump

I dont even know what a doppler is sorry but it sounds cool.

Were you sitting near a tv or anything it could be interferring with>?
    x

3. lou1979

lou1979 Mummy to 3 beautiful boys

you have to have LOTS of gel on or oil !

4. JayDee

JayDee Sunshine and rainbow

It's a thing that allows you to listen to your baby's heart beat, but, by the look of it, won't pick up for a few weeks yet for us!

They have them on amazon for about £30 (I had a look the other day when I saw a reference to one on here and didn't know what it was) but sure you can get them other places as well.

5. poppy

poppy Mum of Three

I think I know what it might have been - you could have moved it over the placenta area - this happened to me sometimes when I moved it around. Try using your doppler on a full bladder as it will move your uterus upwards and you will have a better chance of hearing the heartbeat - try lower down by your pelvic bone.

At 11 weeks, hearing the heartbeat on a doppler can be a bit hit or miss as well - as you get further on, it will be easier to find.

xxx

6. jennifer34rn

jennifer34rn mom of 5

If it has a cord that disconnects make sure its plugged into the doppler all the way...the one I rented this time detaches from the doppler so before I start I make sure its pushed into place firmly

7. kyesmummy

kyesmummy Mum of 1 TTC#2

on ebay you can hire them for £10 a month! i might do something like that when im further along