Doppler question

LulaBug

Mum of 6
Reaction score
I was wondering, as you do, whether you'd hear anything at all via a doppler if you weren't pregnant.

I know we can hear our own heartbeats and the baby's if it plays ball but if you're not pregnant at all, do you pick up your heartbeat or just silence?

I'm intrigued. Is the fact that we can hear our own heartbeats a good sign that things are going well even if we can't detect baby's for whatever reason...I.e. too early, not wanting to play ball etc.

:)

I guess it would depend in the particular doppler.

Last pregnancy we learned our baby had died when we suddenly couldn't find him with the doppler (we'd been told the week before that we'd most likely lose him).

I don't remember hearing my own heart after he was gone but I did hear the placenta.

When pregnant with dd I was OBSESSED with my doppler, I used it on dh (his belly- all we heard was stomach sounds.. his heart-pretty neat) I used it on my dogs, both their hearts and their stomachs lol, stomach sounds and heart sounds (one of my dogs had a bad heart and that was interesting to hear).. anyway I never tried it when I wasn't pregnant, I should have, but put it away after dd was born.. I'll break it back out soon!!!!! :haha:

Pinkpassion, I decided to listen to my heart the other day. Pretty cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->