Doppler question

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by ttcnewbie123, Jun 6, 2011.

1. ttcnewbie123

ttcnewbie123 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies,
    So now that I'm feeling better and the sickness has stopped I'm back to worrying about bubs! Just got the doppler out for a listen and usually I find the heartbeat literally straight away. Well tonight I could just hearing lots of movement (well at least that's what I think it is!)and an echoey heartbeat all over- is this normal or has anyoe else had this? God I can't wait til I can feel bubs so I know its ok in there!x

2. nickyXjayno

nickyXjayno Guest

As long as you hearing movement and or placenta don't worry too much, my midwife said you can't always find the heart beat until 3rd tri as they are still small enough to go right into the pelvis.
    If you are worried and like me need a deffinate answer give your midwife or dr a buzz :)
    xx

3. Flake-y

Flake-y Proud mama & pregnant!

I find unless I'm right on top of the heartbeat, it does sound really faint & echoey. Plus baby keeps moving & I have to go searching for the heartbeat again!!!

How strong you hear it just depends where baby is!

4. ellie27

ellie27 Well-Known Member

Sounds very normal.

I can tell when I am just hearing the echo of heartbeat or if I am actually right ontop of baby.

As long as you are finding baby then all is fine!

Hopefully it will not be too long now til you start feeling baby!:flower: