Doppler tips!

Weeplin

Proud mummy :)
Reaction score
So I got my angelsounds doppler today and tried it earlier but could only get my own heartbeat..any tips ladies?

Does baby oil work better than the gel?

Well doppler sound waves do not travel easily through the air so without the use of the gel, high interference prevents a clearly audible sound... its why it is so widely used with all the health profession x

Yeah i have some of the gel It's just I'm sure some ladies on here said baby oil worked really well.

I don't have any personal experience but i have seen ladies post on here about having to place it VERY low in order to hear the LO. Good Luck :flower:

i agree as am 12 weeks and still have to place it quite low in order to hear it properly

Mine says to use water. Same brand.

Also, I can't always find the baby. Try putting a pillow under you and have a full bladder. I also tend to find baby right after I shower.

I agree with pillow under bum and I find a half full bladder is better than full bladder.

Most likely place you will find hb is if you press behind pubic bone. YOu have to press quite hard and make very small moves when looking for it. I use banana boat aloe vera gel as it seems to do the same job as the professional gel.

Good luck, perservere, you will find it!

Thanks for the tips, I can't wait to hear my little bump!

I got one yesterday and i posted the same question on 2nd trimester and the tips i got worked. I put quite a bit of gel on lower belly area, had the doppler angled towards my belly and at first only found my heartbeat but i went a lower down to pubic line area and found it there. I was lay down and full bladder and it was dead on centre in line with belly button
I tried it again last night so i could show off in front of friend and couldn't find it and i think it was because i was on a 2 seater settee so wasn't lay properly so i stuck a couple of cushions under my bum and i got it within a minute again...
I absolutely love it!!!! Defo tell the difference between yours and little ones and it goes super fast!! good luck x

i had an angelsounds with maddi, i always did it lying down, using the gel, starting on just above my pelvic bone, waiting and listening and working from one side then the other. i always found her on the same side during the earlier weeks :D x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->