• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Doppler ugh

Jcliff

Reaction score
So I found baby last week for like 5 seconds, and today I tried for like 30 minutes and couldn't find it at all! I even tried yesterday and nothing!
I had an US on Monday and baby was great measuring on target w 185bpm heart rate. I am a tad nervous now

I'm not using a Doppler this time around for this exact reason! It's so hard to find sometimes, especially early on and it used to make me worry too! The baby might just be further back/have moved position etc, really is nothing to worry about. I don't think I reliably found a heartbeat every time till 16-20 weeks x

I think this early they're so small that consistently finding the heartbeat is hard! Try to relax and try again later

I had this exact same problem. I could find it everyday from about 9 to 10 weeks and then bam...big fat nothing. I then left it a few days which killed me mind as I hated not knowing if everything was ok. (When I had found it before it was after i'd had a morning drink and a wee...then I couldn't find it and thought I'd try before even getting out of bed and that's when I've found it again).
It moves about quite a lot but I can find it whenever I look now with a bit of searching so hang in there and try not to worry! xx

This happened to me about a week ago, couldn't find bubs for a couple of days, got super worried. When I did find the heartbeat again it was in a completely different place than it had been previously, figured they're just have fun swimming around in there! Takes me longer to find in now than I did under 10 weeks.

I won't be using a doppler this time round, for this exact reason. I find that especially in the early days, they cause more worry than anything else! X

I wouldn't use a Doppler until 16 weeks + because they are so unpredictable and can cause so much worry!!.

Put it in the cupboard for a good few weeks for your own sanity. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"