• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Doppler?

SoldierWife

Reaction score
How many mommies here are using a doppler or are planning on getting one?

If you already have one, how soon did you start using it?

I'm planning to get one, but my OB wants me to wait until 12 weeks at the very earliest. I'm prone to panic attacks and anxiety during pregnancy and she doesn't want me trying to find the heartbeat, failing, and then completely falling apart when everything is totally fine. Apparently, it can be really hard for some women to find the heartbeat earlier than the second trimester. I'm taking her advice since I don't want to fall apart with worry.

I found the heartbeat just before 9 weeks. It definitely gets easier to find the farther along you are though and takes patience the earlier you are.

I got the sonoline b around 10-11 weeks with DD. I tried right away, but I couldn't find the hb until 15+3.

This one I started using it super early (like unreasonably early lol like 5ish weeks even know I knew I wouldn't find it that early). I found this one at 8+6.

Each pregnancy/body/person is different through. It's more likely to find it a couple of weeks into the second trimester (sometimes a little later). It's definitely more tricky earlier on. Many providers won't even attempt it until 14+ weeks because before then it's so tricky.

With my first my midwife didn't try until 15+2. This one she tried at 12+1 (and couldn't find it and sent me for an ultrasound to verify viability).

I rented one my last pregnancy so was already familiar with how to use them.

I got mine in the mail the other night at 9 w 2 d and couldn't find the baby but then found him the following morning and again today.

It provides me with a lot of reassurance to hear baby but I could also have seen myself getting really freaked out if I tried several times and had no luck so I guess it's kind of a toss up as to whether it's a good idea or not. Personally I love it though. Hearing my baby's heartbeat always makes my day.

I bought one when I was 7 weeks and managed to wait til 8 weeks to start using it.
After a long search I heard the HB just for a few seconds between week 8 and 9.
It was easier to find her from week 10.

I got mine when I was 6 weeks pregnant and heard clear heartbeat at roughly 9 weeks. Provides massive reassurance. Patience is key.

I got my sonoline B in the mail last Tuesday and was able to find my babies heartbeat no problem. I was 9 weeks and 6 days. :thumbup:

It's super important that if you plan on using one NOT to get too worked up if you can't find the heartbeat. I have a friend that is 12 weeks along and her doctor still hasn't been able to find the heartbeat with a doppler. Every body & baby is different.

I started at 15 weeks. I can find my own placenta sounds but still haven't found the actual baby's heartbeat yet. However, I bought a cheap Doppler, the angel sounds one, so I'm not sure I ever actually will find the hb.

I want to get one but I could see me being one of those that would get really nervous if I couldn't find the heartbeat. Plus I have a tipped uterus which makes it hard to hear the heartbeat on a doppler. My doctor couldn't get DS's heartbeat on a doppler until I was almost 15 weeks.

I had 1 in my last pregnancy they are amazing me and my oh just brought sonoline b 1 cant wait to use it how soon can u detect it??

I'd like to amend my reply to say that I found the hb last night, the baby is sitting really low, almost in my pubic bone. 16 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"