Dopplers - are they any good?

iluvcocopops

Mum to Molly-Rose
Reaction score
I'm thinking of hiring out a Doppler cos I've such a long wait til my next scan and it would be lovely to have a wee listen to the baby's heartbeat every now & then just to reassure me that everything is ok.

Has anyone else tried a home Doppler before?
And are they any good?

Ive got an Angelsounds Doppler, only about £20 on Amazon and I love it! So easy to use and sooo re-assuring until you can feel LO kick xx

Me too, I got the Angelsounds Doppler when it was on offer for £13.99. Cheap as chips for the amount of reassurance it's brought into mine and OH's life :) xx

I have a more expensive Doppler. I have the hi bebe with LCD screen that shows you the heart rate. I have heard the angle sound ones are great though. I love mine. When you first start feeling movement I find I have days where she is much more quiet and the Doppler is always great for reassurance. It was nice in early days when I couldn't feel anything too. worked from 11 weeks for me,

I love my doppler. Within seconds found the heartbeat and it is great to be able to hear babies hearbeat between visits. I use mine every night before I go to bed. I would deffinitely suggest them.

i have an angelsounds one too, best 20 quid i ever spent! xx

I personally advise against them. I think they can cause unnecessary worry and stress for yourself. The thing is you wont always beable to find the babies heartbeat and this sends people into panics and stresses. I personally didnt have 1 first time round and certainlly won't this time because of that reason

I LOVE mine! Its reassuring...and I love hearing the strong heart beating away! :)

I love my doppler and used it almost daily from 11 weeks (when i first found the heartbeat) until I started feeling him move all the time! I found the heartbeat everyday and it was so reassuring to be able to listen whenever i wanted! I have the Sonoline B from Amazon.com :)

I love mine, but I bought mine at 10 weeks and bloody wish I hadn't, as I couldn't find the heartbeat until 14 weeks ish and panicked every time I had a search and couldn't find it. Even now, I have trouble sometimes but if you just relax and know that you may not be able to find it 100% of the time and may have trouble finding it until later in pregnancy (my mw says she doesn't like to listen to the heartbeat until 18, 19 or 20 weeks) they're great, because most of the time, you'll be able to find it. Of course things like the position of the baby, your placenta, etc can always affect finding it.

I rent mine from a company on Ebay for £9.95 a month, it's a Hi Bebe one, one of the better makes, although Angelsounds are meant to be good.

x

I love mine and used it all the time, not as much anymore since baby can be very active. I would recommend anyone having one especially when you've had losses before or are very nervous. I never had a problem finding the heartbeat, but I waited to use it till after doctor found it for first time so I wouldn't make myself crazy. The doc found it easily at 12 weeks with my son and at 10 weeks with my daughter, and at 14 weeks with this one(I'm sure it would have been sooner, but the appointments just worked out that way)

I have an Angelsounds Doppler which I got from Amazon for about £25 and it's been great!

Have found baby's heartbeat every time. It sometimes takes a bit longer than other times but I always find it eventually.

It's handy to have for the long wait between midwife appointments when you can't feel the baby move yet and need reassurance that's everythings still ok. Jx

I also have the hi bebe with lcd display and almost sent it back because I was unable to find the heartbeat on my own - i'm a very impatient person to start with so that was a bit of a downfall. I was finally able to find the heartbeat last night:happydance:, and to be able to hear it, and have my OH hear it was so reassuring. I think it's probably even more reasurring to your OH especially when your they are unable to come with you to all appointments which mine wasn't the first time (and only time) we've heard the heartbeat so far.
Good luck with your decision on your purchase. :thumbup:

i got hi bebe doppler it was useless until 17 weeks now i wouldnt live without it :)

I bought the sonoline B off Ebay for $50 and I could hear the HB at 10 weeks

They're great :happydance:

I bought an angelsounds doppler for about £13 recently brand new from amazon, it took me a while to find my babys heartbeat the first time, even though I was 16 weeks, but I was looking far too high up, now, a few days on I get the heartbeat immediately everytime. Go for it, they're so reassuring :flower:

I just rented one,I cant find her heart,but I can hear all the movement which is very reasurring :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->