Double Barrel Surname/Middle name?

Well that's good you chose to be flexible drazic.

As it is, my surname is very unusual. Double barrel....cue lots of s-p-e-l-l-i-n-g out. Hence, inflict. Poor child.

Yep. I'm exactly the same. But it's hardly damaging.

Just imagine when your daughter gets married and she doesn't want to give up her maiden name. She will have 3 surnames. Oh, and what if her husband has a double barred surname b/c his mother kept hers and hyphenated his. And your grandchild...6 surnames! my god...!

Ok, seriously though, it really is a lot of name. I know it sucks, but sometimes you gotta just bite the misogynistic bullet.

my partner has a double barrelled name :( and it will be passed to our "bump" i really dont want to give them a double barrell but heyho thats the way it is going to be as OH wont drop one of them and one day i will have his double barrell name when we get married :(

This whole having to change our names to the mans thing really annoys me.

GRRRR

Ok, seriously though, it really is a lot of name. I know it sucks, but sometimes you gotta just bite the misogynistic bullet.

Hang on a sec....it's not enshrined in law the child has to have the father's surname. What's to say it can't be negotiated? We're quite happy to use my (single) surname.

Hang on a sec....it's not enshrined in law the child has to have the father's surname. What's to say it can't be negotiated?

I was just kidding. Where I live actually there is a huge latin american population and they do not drop surnames so everyone I know has a name with 3 middle names and like 2 last names from their grandmothers and further back.

I used my single surname when we got married, I changed it when my daughter was born as I wanted us all to have the same name. On all her hospital documents, her surname is my maiden name.

I'd go with double barrelled, whichever way you think sounds best. We would do the same but our surnames end in the same syllable so would sound stupid together! Luckily, OH is not attached to his surname so doesn't mind changing it to mine. Think we'd better decide on a 1st name first then see whose surname goes best with it.

I know that OH and his ex gave their daughter both surnames but OH thought that they had just given her two middle names and one surname.

So when the were together DS used ASP***** as her last name but how they split up her surname is J****-ASP***** .

He want very happy to find that out.

Our LO just has OH surname, were getting married and If we ever were to split up divorce I would still keep his surname so its the same as the kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->