Double middle names?

Discussion in 'Baby Names' started by Tiki, Jun 4, 2011.

1. Tiki

Tiki Well-Known Member

So my husband and I are set on our baby names, however I had wanted to give my daughter my grandmother name as her middle name, but DH wants her middle name to be Elizabeth. I have never liked the idea of a double middle name but I want to use my grandmothers name.

What do you think of Scarlet Elizabeth-Joellyn?

2. amethyst77

amethyst77 mummy to an ivf miracle

We are planning on giving two middle names, but I wouldn't hyphenate them...

3. torch2010

torch2010 Well-Known Member

I love double names. My daughters is Lily-May after my grandmothers and my son is Nigel-John after his grandfathers and this one will be Jacqueline-Rose after her grandmothers xx

4. countrybarbie

countrybarbie Active Member

some kids with two middle names are cute names but others make no since to me but i guess it all what you like. I have my kids names picked out i herd the names and fell inlove and I have been trying for 2years to have a baby so when i do get pregnant and find out what he/she gender is he/she will already have a name. I want to be a mommy more than anything in this world. The name you picked out is cute just not sure if i agree or disagree with the hyphen or not and when your child goes to fill out an app which name should they use it like giving your child two last names i think it cool. but personally im glad i only have one first middle and last name only cause when I go to tell someone my name i have to go ahead and spell it for them cause most spell my name alicia and it aleshia lol it get annoying at times but im me so i like my name spelt right haha lord help my kid cause name i have picked out is unique.

Sorry got off of your question but yea two middle names are cute so if yall cant decide on one middle name i say go with two middle names. i have two cousins one is name Elizabeth mary ann and other is name john robert lee.... Lot of parents today are giving their kids two middle names it becoming more common today

5. Maid Marian

Maid Marian Guest

I have two middle names, and love it. People always remember me because I have two, and I get lots of compliments on them :thumbup: I don't think you need to hyphenate them though - mine aren't, as they're two separate names :)

6. discoclare

discoclare Well-Known Member

My DD has two middle names. Her name is Arianna Isla Rose. I think two middle names is fine, I don't really understand the hyphen TBH, but it's completely up to you!

7. LaraJJ

LaraJJ Mummy to Tessa & bump!

We have decided to go for two middle names:

Noah Samuel James

or

Tessa Liana Rose

I say why not!! I only have one middle name and my sister has two - I've always been a little bit jealous of that, lol :)

8. xSarahM

xSarahM Two Beautiful Angels

Our girls names were: Aoife Marya Noelle + Calliope Maela Nina.
    I wanted my girls to have 2 middle names as my mum gave me and my sisters two.

Good luck! :flower:

9. WannabemomV

WannabemomV Well-Known Member

If we have a little girl we plan on giving her 2 middle names. Lily Elizabeth. Both my grandmothers middle names are Lillian and my DH's grandmother name is Elizabeth. I worry that we won't have another girl and we won't be able to use the name we leave out. Our grandmothers mean the world to both of is. Her full name would be Violet Lily Elizabeth!

10. NaturalMomma

NaturalMomma Well-Known Member

I have 2 middle names, not hyphenated. I'm planning to name a future daughter Livia Bella Rose, so 2 middle names. I don't like hyphenating them.

11. odd_socks

odd_socks Long Term WTT

i will want two middle names but not hyphenated