Double pushchairs and small cars

Mary Jo

Mummy to Adam and Joel
Reaction score
I'm thinking about what sort of pushchair we'll need when baby no 2 comes along. For a variety of reasons I am 95% sure we *will* need a double (probably a tandem). However, exactly what we get will depend on it fitting in our car boot.

We have a Citroen C3, boot is bigger than the one in our old Peugeot 206, but it's still the boot of a small car. Does anyone have an idea of what will - or definitely won't - fit?

:flower:

I have the maclaren twin techno, its a side by side not a tandem but its light, not too wide as it fits through standard size doors and is pretty compact. I had the graco tour duo and that was huge, couldn't get it in an audi a4 even though it was supposed to fold small, also got a jane twin two and thats pretty huge as well.

Baby Jogger Double or Out and About Nipper will probably fit

try the cosatto that will fit - dont go near an urban detour lol its what we have and takes up the whole of my estate boot!

Ruby's childminder has a McClaren side by side, and that looks about as compact as I've seen a double buggy. She's got a huge car though, it's practically a bus. Might be worth a look into.

We had a phil and teds, that went in my mums toyota yaris boot with no problem.

thanks everyone. I really want something - at least to start - that accommodates a newborn lying flat/almost flat, so I was thinking about a 2nd hand P&T (we'd maybe get a lightweight side-by-side later, once baby is sitting up properly).

xLaurax, thanks epecially, I just looked up a comparison between the Yaris and the C3 and they have a very similar size boot, the C3 might be a teeny bit bigger. SO that's a big relief. Do you have to take the P&T to bits/wheels off, or anything?

Does anyone know if shops will let you try a pushchair in your car boot before you commit to buying? Not that we're planning to buy new but they don't need to know that...

I never had to take the wheels off it hun, also thinking about it, i also fit it on my sisters new corsa which i imagine is roughly the same size boot. I know when i looked in babies r us they let us try the pushchair in the boot, as did mamas and papas :)

thanks! I think a trip to Mothercare World might be in order over the next few months, will ring beforehand and inform them I'd like to do some test driving. :D

They should let you make sure it fits in your car before you buy! We have to do that with everything here as we have a "small" car (not really - but it's not an SUV that lots of families around here have!!) so tons of stuff doesn't fit. We also tested and installed our RF car seat before purchasing it - and we ended up going somewhere else that was cheaper to buy it lol. I'm also looking into this same thing! xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->