doubled birth weight

xnmd1

mommmy of 1
Reaction score
LO will be 2 months old on Friday and he has just doubled his birth weight (he's now 12 pounds) , is he putting weight on too quickly? (He was 7 pounds at 3 weeks old), or is this okay because he was a bit smaller than usual when he was born (he was born at 37 weeks exactly)

He was in new born clothes untill 6 weeks old, then had his growth spurt .. he pretty much skipped size 0-3 mos clothes completly (wore them for a week) and he's now in size 3-6 months!

I don't think he is putting on weight to quickly. Adrian is 3 weeks old and he is already 10.8lbs. Mind you he was 9.5lbs when he was born, but his doctor is very happy with his weight gain. It sounds like your little guy is right on track I would say.

thanks! i'm a little concerned because his doctor said on average he should gain an ounce a day.. but hes been gaining on average a pound a week.. that's more than double what his doctor said :wacko:

Its fine, he's obviously a healthy boy, some babies do grow more quickly than others, at 6 weeks my boy was 11 lbs 9 oz and then at 8 weeks he was 13 lb 7 oz. At birth he was 7 lb 9.

The first 3 weeks of life, LO gained a pound a week. Then the next 4 weeks, gained a pound every other week. Went from 7lbs 11 ounces to 12lbs-something at her 6 week checkup. :D It's totally normal. All babies grow differently :)

my baby has just doubled his birth weight this week, he typically gains around half a pound a week. I dont think it sounds as though ur baby is growing too fast :) so long as his weight gain is steady :) btw i love ur baby's name! I liked the name Jarred but couldnt have it as Jarrett is my baby's surname lol

my baby has just doubled his birth weight this week, he typically gains around half a pound a week. I dont think it sounds as though ur baby is growing too fast :) so long as his weight gain is steady :) btw i love ur baby's name! I liked the name Jarred but couldnt have it as Jarrett is my baby's surname lol

Thank you :)

and I agree, Jarred Jarrett would sound a little silly :flower:

My LO was 9lb at birth and then 16lb 2 at week 8. Enormous. Not sure what he weighs now at week 10, but am looking forward to finding out!

sounds like he is just playing catch up as he was not a 'big' baby to start with. my LO has put on 10oz in a week and he was 8lb 3oz at birth. I think he looks beautiful! And well done you for helping him put on weight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->