Doubling body weight

Cheesepuff

Reaction score
When are they meant to double their body weight? Alex was 9lb 4 oz when born and now at 11 weeks he weighs 15lb 1 oz.... I'm hoping his gain is ok, but will have to wait until his 3 month check-up to be sure...

Sounds okay. amelie was 6lb4 at birth and was 14lb10 at 4 months so she probably was double her birth weight at around 3 months.

Noah was 7lb 5.5 oz born and was 14lb 6 last Thursday so he's almost there. And he's on 25th percentile if that makes any difference. so sounds like Alex is doing ok x

Ruby doubled her birth weight at just over 2 months. (she was 7lb 2oz at birth.)

God, Aisling's nowhere close yet, she was 8lb 15oz at birth and just 13lb 13oz now...

Madison was born 7lb 15oz and at 8wks was 14lb so I really wouldn't worry all babys are different. When I got her weighed the hv made me feel really conscious about it, but when i spoke to the doctor she assured me she is perfect in regards to her length/weight!!

Dylan was 9lb 6oz at birth and at 12 weeks he was 15lb 1 1/2oz and was following his centile line so perfectly normal. At 20 weeks he was 19lb 3oz so I'd say it took him until he was about 19 weeks before he had doubled his birthweight.

Chloe was 8lb2oz when born and at 16 weeks she was 13lb. I thought they had to double their weight by 6 months or is that just for the whole weaning thing? i get confused lol

Kyle was 7lbs 5oz at birth and on monday was 14lbs 7oz so almost double at 14weeks 1day

I thought they were meant to double at 6 months as well, but, I think following their percentile is more accurate to see if growth is okay. They also say 1-2lbs gain per month is fine.

Really glad to report that Joel hasn't doubled his birthweight yet at 6 months, as he was born at 10lbs 9oz! He's a happy healthy 18lb'er at the mo.

Lily was 5lb4oz at birth 10lb14oz 12 wks .

Lylah was 6lb 3oz born and doubled that by 19 weeks. It is different for them all, she has now tripled that lol

Thanks girls, it's reassuring that all the babies are different and as Alex seems to be gaining some weight every week he should be fine :)

Wow, i don't know if Ellis has doubled hers yet and she's 7 months. She was 8lb4oz when she was born and at the last weigh in at 6 months she was 14lb9oz. Paediatrician said that her weight was just perfect. Guess they are all different!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->