Doubts about results

Cris2013

Reaction score
Hi, I am getting different advice regarding the right time to take an ovulation test. I have been doing the test for 7 days now ( PM ) and the results on the last 2 days was 2 lines, but the result line is lighter. According to my doctor, my ovulation should be tomorrow, but today I decided to take the test first thing in the morning and had 2 equal lines. Is it a false positive ? because I used the first urine of the day ? Thanks for the help.

Your urine is going to be more concentrated in the morning so it is possible. I would do another one tonight if you haven't already. Just curious, but why does your doctor say you will ovulate tomorrow? Are you tracking your cycles in any other way?

the only reason they say not to use first urine is because lh builds up throughout the day. I would trust that positive but test again on your next wee :)

yer best time is late in the day I found had all faint lines if I tested early on but got a darker line when I did at 7 at night.Th elines have to be equal darkness or the test line darker then the other I got excited when I did my first as was two lines didn't know a faint line was a neg.Im still unsure if mine was a positive as all but that one was neg.

Thank you ladies for your attention. To answer TTCA question, yes I have been watching for other signs of ovulation and my doctor only used my last period date to determined my next ovulation day. I am very regular and never had problems getting pregnat. I have 2 children and we are trying fo a third one. I repeated the test yesterday PM and once again was one line clear then the other. I am so lost...My last period started on June 14. My husband and I have been practicing every day since last Monday.

Ovlation test lines have got to be the same colour if not the test line darker my first ever test I did come up with a faint line I gets all excited thinking I was ovulating to find out both lines must be same etc .

I test multiple times a day when it gets close to ovulation time. Mine usually surges in the afternoon or evening and I've tested neg in the morning then pos later in the day. I O the same day as my surge, so for me it's important to catch it. My advice would be to test a few times a day around expected O. Good luck!!

Today I went to see my doctor and all my tests came back NORMAL. In other words, there should be no reason why I can't get pregnant. According to my period dates, my OD was the 27th. My husband and I started training on the 24th and did every day till today. However my Ovulation test stick always comes back negative. I had all the signs, like mucus, temp.,2 days ago.
Now, my question is: should we keep trainig till the test come up positive or can we stop now. My husband took a few days off from work he works out of town...and we need to decide if he should go bak to work or wait ? If wait... for how long ?

Trust yourself. Take the OPK more than once per day especially once around the time of ovulation. BD for several days leading up to what YOU think is a PoS OPK but certainly around the time you think you ovulate take them 2-4 times per day. IF the test line is AS DARK or DARKER thn the control line, it's a positive.

I suggest getting Internet Cheepies for cheap, AND a Clear Blue FM (available in Walmart, for about $35 a 30 pack) to confirm. I will have OPKs and what not tuen darker BEFORE the OPK gives me a smiley face, the next day usually. Its good to have multiple methods !

Opks dont work for everyone! I never got a true pos but my symptoms and chart prove I was ovulating. Thetes waaaay less regulation on the opk manufacturing process. Each brand etc can also have different*thresholds. One may go pos at 20miu and another at 40. I found a website about it once but I dont remember which now that explained that. Thrte was also a big report released by Consumer Reports about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"