I've interviewed 2 doulas so far and wanted to interview one more before making my decision. My midwife provides a lot more support than most midwifes here so I probably don't need a doula, but I would still like one. Out of the first 2 I liked 1 a lot and felt that what she can provide will compliment my midwife well. She's attended 30 births and will have more plenty more under her belt by my due date. The other one was a little intense for me and she had only attended 5 births. So I've been waiting to interview the last one. She has attended over 100 births, has 5 kids and is also in midwifery school. But I've waited for her to get back into town. She canceled our first appointment as she had to take a postpartum doula shift at the last minute, and I was ok with that. She was supposed to come over Friday night, she didn't show up, phone, email, etc. Honestly this kind of put me off. What happens around my due date if she just doesn't show up. She may have a valid excuse but I don't even feel like bothering. It's been two days and I still haven't heard from her. Do you think I should give her another opportunity to meet us or just say forget it and go with the one doula we like so far?