Down Syndrome: Advice on support in the USA

Discussion in 'Special Needs Support' started by ZubZub, Oct 2, 2017.

  1. ZubZub

    ZubZub Well-Known Member

    Jan 12, 2009
    Likes Received:

    We are considering moving countries for various reasons, one of which being the safe future of our little girl with Down Syndrome. I have battled to find information about support that the State provides in the USA. I know in the UK, the State provides for many of the additional needs of people with DS, such as speech and language therapy, occupational therapy, medical needs etc. Is anyone able to give me advice on what happens in the USA?

    Currently my 8 yo daughter attends speech therapy and OT and is at a small, mainstream school where the child: teacher ratio is low enough that they cope with her extra needs. She also has a heart condition (she had surgery at 4 months old) and sees a cardiologist annually. We pay for everything.

    Your advice is so appreciated. Thanks!

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice