Downs screening results

le_annek

Reaction score
I have just phoned the hospital they have come back as 1/8010 and she said that was low risk. When I had my first two it was 1/58000 I dont know if this resut is ok or should I be worried :dohh:

Mine was 1 in 3000 and they said that is low risk too. Congrats :) x

Mine was 1:994.if it's low risk it's low risk Hun,there just numbers at the end of the day,my sil was 1:5 and baby was fine but her bff was 1:60,000 and her baby was born with down syndrome.uve just got to try not to worry,no matter what the number "someone" always has to be that one and we all just have to think positive and pray it's not us and send prayers to those who don't get the best of outcomes xx

That's definitely low risk. I'm 1:449 and considered low risk.

Best of luck......:flower:

Thank girls i feel a bit more reassured now xx

Anything less than 1:250 is considered at risk or a positive result.

You are more than fine!!! :hugs:

Just echoing what everyone else has said. That is an excellent result. I don't know how old you are but your age gives you a base result before the blood tests and NT scan. 1 in 8000 is excellent. My adjusted results (after scan and bloods) are 1 in 5000 whereas with my age - 35 years old when baby is born, my base results would be 1 in 250. I'm very happy with my results.

tbh I think all of these tests cause unnecessary worry. 1:8000 is very low risk. I opted out of the test and at 10+3 the idiot sonographer flagged up a 4.7mm reading without doing bloods and I was sent for a CVs after an agonising 3 week wait where nothing was wrong. From NT my risk was very high but my bloods put my risk 1:100000. I just wouldn't worry about any of these tests in the slightest. Everyone has a chance of having a baby with ds x

Here they just tell you high or low risk - no number which is what I prefer, cause then I have nothing to compare to and worry even more! there is always a chance, its only a guide but try not to worry :hugs: x

Here they just tell you high or low risk - no number which is what I prefer, cause then I have nothing to compare to and worry even more! there is always a chance, its only a guide but try not to worry :hugs: x

I'd prefer that way too - I think the numbers cause too much worry.

Mine came back as 1:320. I had a bit of a wobble about it wishing I'd never had the test done as I'm still outside the bounds for any further testing to be done.

But, the ladies on here were great, and putting in perspective, a 1 in 320 chance is 0.32% chance of anything being wrong - tiny!

Naturally, I was hoping for high hundreds or even thousands as my figure, but on reflection, I feel confident that all is well.

(My nuchal fold measured 1.9 - 2.2mm (They did it 3 times) so this too is a good indicator.)

mine came back at 1 in 14000 and im pleased with this result, if your still worried and "need to know" for deffo, have the amnio, that will tell you 100% yes or no..:hugs:

Oh gosh ! Now I'm worrying ! I have been considered low risk but my result was 1:670. I thought that was great but so many of you ladies have results like 1:10000 that my result seems really scary now ! X

that's a really good number hun =) I got 1:4100 which is low risk. I was reading in my pregnancy book and the average for under 25's is 1:1500 so I was well chuffed that I got such a high number =) xxx

I wouldnt worry, I googled this and looked at other peoples results and compared to my own, but if they deem you as low risk then let that relax you.

My view is ... if im low risk and I happen to be the 1 person then its meant to be.

Ive seen people with 1:5 and its been fine and people with 1:2000 and its not.

I dont mean that post to worry anyone, so I hope its not taken that way :)

I'm under 25 and mine was only 1:670 :( ! Even though it's low risk I'm panicking now xD

Thats like a 1 in whatever chance of winning the lottery!!! :) I think you have a good chance of baby being just perfect!! :) try to stay positive! :)

Thank you :) I just originally thought that my result was super low and then I read all these ones where they're like a thousand times lower than mine and was like 'oh god :( !' X

is scotlant you only get high or low risk, no numbers I got mine today and all it said was I was low risk in capital letters lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->