downs sydrom updated

Iwantone!!!

Reaction score
cant spell but i mean downs children how would u feel if u had a downs child with the responabilites my aunty got rid of her baby as it was downs and it was her first did u have teh test and how did u feel when it came bakc ok or not ?

I can imagine this subject could cause a stir as many have different opinions & some opinions change if you were ever faced with the reality.

Personally I won't be having the test done - Again that could change but I can't imagine going through our journey to consider termination of any life because bubs may be special care. me & OH had this convo & I think my answer is NO I would not terminate my babies life!

We haven't had the blood tests cos we wouldn't terminate if there was a risk. When I had my 12 wk scan it was with the registrar, and he seemd quite shocked that we wer not having the test done so we said we would, but my mw was great when we talked to her. we explained we felt we ought to have it done but after a long chat with her she agreed with us that it ws really pointless having the test done. I work with someone who came back as high risk, didn't want amnio due to risk of miscarriage then spent rest of pregnancy worrinying. In the end all was ok. I think it does depend though on wheter you feel able to cope with a child with special needs.

this subject was on another forum :oops:
i dont think in my heart i could terminate any pregnancy
but if i had to fall pregnant now and discover that my baby would need special attention with teh support and surroundings i have at the moment then i would have to as it wouldnt be an option and it wouldnt be fair on teh baby to bring into my situation as it is at the moment.

every situation is different and i personally think it depends of the circumstances but in my heart i dont think i could
and to be honest with you im doing everything i can not to get pregnant again so i wont have to make that descision

im blessed with 2 lovley childresbn and i thank my lucky stars every day for that

but im afraid fro me sorrybut no more kiddies for me

xxxxxxxxx

I would ve the test as i no its in the family but i dont i would consider ternmiraing but i dont if i was faced it in reality as things change coz i would liek 2 babies so do i put my life on hold for a down baby or do i terminated and have 2 healthy babies possiabley i no i sound like a rite bitch but no one can tel u how u would feel in that situation its one reason my aunty got rid of her first baby and now she has 3 healthy boys was it worth taking the risk for her it work as 3 healthy boys or it coudl of been teh other way 1 disabled baby who took all her time up and died at an early aged and felt she did not want anymore children just in case so was it worth taking the risk ?

only the person whos faced with this can decide
personally i think kids with downs syndrome are lovely, they are so pleasant and soooooo cute, it must be hard for parents but ive never seena downs syndrome child through a temper tantrum in the street sorry had to pt that Adele is getting really bad for it at the moment

anyway all im saying is you cant really answe untill your faced with it
xxxxxxxx

totally agree with u there yes tehy are lovely children but can u image living with all the problems 24/7 i have nothing against them jsut have an opion and it may not be to eveyone liking

no one ever has the same opinion hun

i did have the test done both pregnancys only because first time round i was younge and didnt really know what the tests meant and seccond time round i wanted tested for everything incase i had another pre term baby incase their was any clues if i was to go into prem labour
but thankfully all came back fine except having low BP all the time

xxxx

thats great news everything was ok for u but they ay god only gives u what u can cope with i no this sound horrible but would fine it hard with a downs baby only because my step mum di used to work with special need ppl or learning disability and it was hard for her for only a couple of hours a day

i guess another thing you would have to ask is if you had the test and it came back high risk and you had a termination would you regret it for the rest of your life? and would you keep asking yourself the same question what if it was high risk but baby was fine?

sorry im rambling but im off too bed now good luck if you ever have to make that choice
xxxxxxxx

weestar21 said:
i guess another thing you would have to ask is if you had the test and it came back high risk and you had a termination would you regret it for the rest of your life? and would you keep asking yourself the same question what if it was high risk but baby was fine?

sorry im rambling but im off too bed now good luck if you ever have to make that choice
xxxxxxxx

tahts so true well my aunty made the right one but she did not no it til she tried again and now has 3 beautiful boys but theres not a day goes by that she does not think about her first ababy as she would of not have her boys she scarifist 1 to get 3 boys mmmi really dont no how i would feel

I had the tests and they came back low risk. I would not have terminated the pregnancy but I would have been more prepared for aspecial needs baby.

Thats a good point Lynnie!

I think if I had the test & I was high risk I would have to find out for sure but the emotions inbetween would be up & down as I would question if I was capable, I think anybody faced with that situation would & I'm sure I would consider aborting the pregnancy but I feel that would be out of shock, worry & some part of me scared.

I can understand some peoples reasons for terminating pregnancy at this stage I think it would take alot out of any person I just couldn't live with the regret.

mmm this is a hard one to answer never having been in that situation.If I came back with high risk results I think firstly Id do alot of research in to children with down syndrome becuase in all honesty I dont know much about how it affects their behaviour. Id want to be prepared and Id ask myself if I think I could "cope". But I think when it comes to it each and everyone of us would cope and love the child just as much as any other. but I couldnt judge anyone for their desicions at the end of the day its your own choice.

I had the triple test when I was pg, I didnt know we had a choice I thought it was routine. Also I was told ages ago they only test for it in older women, I was only 19 at the time.

I have not personally been in the situation. but i am at a higher risk of a dows baby than others as there are a few people in my family with Downs.

I know how hard the bringing up of a handicapped child can be. In my circle of friend i have a wheelchair bound woman with cerebal palsly, 3 down syndrom people who are lovley. 3 children with different levers of Autism. My partner now was born with Club feet and spent his first 2 years of childhood in plaster and has pins in his feet. My eldest son was in and out of Great Ormond Street hospital as a baby with and undesended testiclae resulting in operations from the age of 2 - 3. My cousin has a little girl called sarah with a Hormone Imbalance in the brain, meaning she is 2 years behind in her development which can increase as she gets older. one of my other cousins was born with a Clef Pallett.

So honestly reading all the people i know and all the difficulties their parents went through with them has proven to me despite their "Defects" I'll never terminate a life.

Iagree with tootsie. At the end of the day your child could be born with any number of illnesses or disabilities, and if you were told a few months after the birth that your child had CP or Autism, or Spina Bifta, you wouldnt say 'oh Idont want it now' so why should it be the same if your told this news whilst pregnant? Unfortunatly the tests are done so late in pregnancy by the time you find out you are high risk, and have an amnio to confirm, that unborn baby is very developed and aware of things around it, and for me to terminate it would be much the same as opting to kill a newborn. Many downs kids go on to have pretty normal and healthy lives, its not all doom and gloom, just as many healthy born kids go on to have all sorts of mental and physical disabilities and problems in life, Idont feel you should be able to pick and choose on what you bring into the world. If you are blessed enough to successfully become pregnant you should love what ever child you bring into the world.

hi hun i have had my triple test done on tuesday so waiting for the results if it came back high risk then i would have all other tests done first before having doing anything as the child might be perfectly healthy but if the tests did confirm my baby did have it then we have decided that we would have a termination as i wouldnt be able to cope and i dont think it would be fair on that child as some people are so spiteful and make fun of them and i think that would hurt me. personally i would rather terminate the pregnancy as i think it would kill me to give birth then have the baby taken off me

(im sorry if i have offended anyone)

spunky xxx

has any one watch eastenders rectenly i no its not real but the billy and honey story withe th petal the babes that must be so hard to give up a baby and then find out that they need an operation in any case

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->