Downs test results uk

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by Laur1221, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Laur1221

Laur1221 Member

Hi ladies how long did it take for u to get ur downs test results back ? I had mine done on Tuesday last week still not had them back,

2. My4thmiracle

My4thmiracle Mummy to baby Nico + 3

If there's something wrong they usually notify you within a week, if all ok they usually send the results in post in about 2 weeks from them being done.

3. ess

ess Guest

I think it just depends on the hospital- mine came back within under a week but my SIL's took a couple of weeks- both our results were all fine.

4. BexyD

BexyD Well-Known Member

mine was well over a week, maybe even 2 so dont worry! I think if there was any probs they would have called by now x

5. mummy2lola

mummy2lola Mum to 2 trying for 3

It depends on how many patients they have at the time I think babe,I had mine done on Xmas eve and was told if anything was wrong I'd get a phone call by the following Friday and if not then a letter in 2 weeks.I actually got the letter on the following Friday saying I was low risk but freaked out knowing it was the day they said I'd be contacted if anything wrong lol xx

6. Laur1221

Laur1221 Member

Thanks guys I'm a little worried just have to hold tight and wait, a girl in my work was high risk and she got her results within 2 days of having the test done, this is my first pregnancy and like everyone I'm worrying about everything x

7. mum2lil1

mum2lil1 Well-Known Member

Hiya
    I had my bloods done about 3 weeks ago and only got my letter this morning. The MW said the bloods nurse at the hospital would contact me after a few days if there was any problems and then i would get my letter sent out asap. No news is good news xx

8. miss cakes

miss cakes Well-Known Member

i got mine about 3 weeks later x

9. beauty

beauty Well-Known Member

Yeh i think i heard around 2 weeks ltr.. x

10. BabyBoyle

BabyBoyle TTCAL of 2nd angel xx

Hi Hun as girls say u usually hear quick if there's a problem. I heard after 3 days with a problem, other friends about 2 weeks and were fine xx

11. Misstrouble19

Misstrouble19 Mummy,Daddy,Rhys

hey, i had mine done on 11th january and i phoned community midwives to see if they had came back today and they said its low risk xx

12. littleblonde

littleblonde kacey and sophie

i was told i would be called in 2 days if a p0roblem. I had mine back in the post in 4 days. I was scared as it was so quick. But all was good

13. CeeCee2010

CeeCee2010 Mummy to Jessica xxx

I didn't actually get mine back... My MW had to call the hospital for them 3 and a half weeks afterwards!

14. emmsie27

emmsie27 Mummy to Evie & Charlie

It took just over a week to get my results back.

15. strawberrieve

strawberrieve Member

hi, i had to wait about a week and a half, i know its hard waiting. but if alls well then you will either receive no word or a letter in the post, so no news is good news. :)

16. Pippin

Pippin Sam and Adélie-Rose's Mum

I still haven't had mine back and I had it 2 weeks ago tomorrow. They said it would take a while unless there was a problem so i assuming it went ok. I got some more blood results through the post but no letter with it about the results so I'm assuming I'm still waiting for that letter but maybe not. It was a long list of everything. :shrug:

17. tanya

tanya Mummy to one gorgeous boy

I got mine today nearly three weeks since the test but it's low risk (1:14000) so it's fine.
    I wasn't going to have the test as the result wouldn't change my mind on anything but it was important to OH and it's his baby too.

18. XJessicaX

XJessicaX mum to two girls!

2 days later

19. ronnie1234

ronnie1234 One child aged five

I had my test done on Friday. MW said you usually hear within a week if your high risk / need to see Consultant, otherwise letter could take 2/3 weeks!

I had my scan on 21st December & still haven't had the results of those bloods! MW said same thing if they need to see you urgently they will ring you, otherwise you are put in a pile to have a letter sent too!

20. MajorBee

MajorBee Well-Known Member

I got my results on the same day! They took bloods before the scan & must have analysed them whilst I had the scan done. I left the hospital with the results - low risk, yay!