DPO 10.. OPK positive but BPN?

CocoDidi

TTC Cycle 4
Reaction score
I'm about 10 DPO and I decided to use my OPK test as a HCG test for now since they are less expensive :p I got a definite Positive on the OPK this morning. It was way darker than the control line -- I've never seen it this dark before. So, I decided to use my last pregnancy test-- which happens to be a First Response Digital Test. (This was a freebie in a box of regular FRER tests. I was suppose to save this special one until DPO14! ) But it was a big fat "-NO."

Are digital tests less sensitive?

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26c1aa

They can be much less sensitive yes. I know that the clearblue one isnt very sensative at all in comparisson to some.

Good luck!

I would advise retesting when you are 13DPO hun I got a nice strong line

https://i625.photobucket.com/albums/tt333/NoodlesandFlump/Test.jpg[/IMG]
I tested again at 16DPO and the line was much darker than the control line.

I got a +ve OPk at 10DPO too.

Good luck!

Wait a few days and test again with a pregnancy test.

:( I tested this morning (DPO12) with another First Response Early Result -- this time a non digital one. There was NOT a slight line :( I bought a pack of two.. so I'll save the second one for Saturday Morning (DPO15). (However, I have a dental appointment saturday for a crown preparation! If I test positive.. I will have to tell the dentist!) This is SOOOO frustrating!!!

Has anyone gotten pregnant but doesn't get BNP until way past DPO14?

Yes I have a friend who doesn't get a positive till 16dpo and even then it is faint so it is possible.

I've seen loads of women on here not get them until they are 18DPO. Are you temping hun as you may have OV'ed later than you thought.

I wasn't tracking ov, but if you assume it's mid cycle I got a BFN about 10 dpo on a cheapie. Didn't test again for a week and then got BFP. Not sure at what point during that time the result would have changed though cos I believed the negative till AF was late, there wasn't even the tiniest hint of a faint line or anything.

Fx for you x

yes.. i'm temping. here's my chart

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/26c1aa

FF says I ovulated on CD18.. THere's a slight chance that it may be CD24 because I see another temp rise. On Cd24.. I had alot of snot like discharge that also resembles EW CM a little. But that was just one day. Oh, I hope it was CD18. We didn't BD after CD18 because just in case I was pregnant, I dont want to "hurt" the seed :p

I think it was CD18. You've got a very clear temp shift and even if it was CD24 that wouldn't explain your +OPK on DPO10.

I don't have much experience of HPT's or using OPK's for HPT's apart from what I have read so all I can say is test in a few days - which would feel like a pretty rubbish piece of advice if I were you!! I do know that it takes a while for some women to get enough Hcg in their urine, if at all.

Loads of luck and hope you get that BFP.

XX

aaarrrggghhhh! AF caught me today.. DPO20!!

I'm never using a OPK again. Im going to purely rely on temping this new cycle.

argh. :(

I got +opks when I was pregnant! I think you are there! Keep us posted! XX

Sorry I just saw that page. Doh! I am so sorry. FX for next month! XXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"