Dr Brown Bottles

aragornlover8

Reaction score
Anyone used these bottles? I just bought one to try it as Alex is on the verge of going up to the next size bottle. They look a little complicated is all. I'm hoping it might help with some of her gas problems though.

Hi,

I've been using them since lo was about 3 months old. I changed because he'd wolf down his milk so quickly with my other bottles that he'd make himself sick and full of wind. Never looked back. I think they're fab. The only faff is sterilising all the different parts and trying to put them back together again whilst keeping them sterile... challenging... but totally worth it.

x

I love my Dr Browns bottles and would not consider changing to another bottle, yes they are expensive but brilliant

I hated them tbh, Ava didnt take well to the teat as its too floppy, there are open vents in the top of the lid that let air in therefore dont stay sterile, the size 2 flow was very slow and the 3 drowned her, very faffy to put together and clean, didnt notice a difference in her gassiness, you have to stir milk in cos if you shake the milk comes pouring out, you cant make the milk too warm (Ava likes hers very warm) or it comes spewing out of the bottle at the sides where the ring for the teat is.

This is just my experience with them of course you dont know til you try them - some babies love them some just dont get on with them. Ava would just smile at me and push the pathetic teat out of her mouth as if to say "i'm not drinking from this pile of rubbish" :rofl: xx

Thanks ladies!! I'm going to give it a try out once I figure how to sterilize everything and get it clean. There are some pretty good instructions at least. I didn't find them to be too terribly expensive, though. Only five dollars a bottle, which is okay considering the fact that they should last her.

Absolutely 100% love them, switched at 4 weeks old and they are brilliant, sterilising them isn't that bad and I just use a zip loc bag when our and about, I bought the caps to shake with and then put the valve in so you don't have to stir, they truly made my LO so much much easier and his wind us so my h better xxx

Hello :hugs:

I love the Dr browns bottles. Isla has had them from birth. I have to say though that she didn't like the teat very much so i now use a Dr browns bottle with a MAM teat.

:hugs:

I didnt get on with them, they didnt do anything to help his wind and the teats seemed too big, i use MAM anti colic now, they are great imo, done wonders for my lo, cheaper and less hassle to take apart/wash etc

Amy did you find they gagged your LO cos they were too long lol? x

If you still like to make your feeds up with a good 'shake' then i'd suggest making them up in a bottle without that sort of air system and then pouring it into the dr brown one. Also if when you warm the milk up take the bottle top and teat & collar off aswell so that the milk doesn't rise up the air tube and leak :thumbup:

stir with a sterilised weaning spoon thats what I did x

Love my dr browns bottles! Solved all my little ones gas problems. I agree expensive and pain to clean but worth not having to hear a baby screaming over gas! xx

If you still like to make your feeds up with a good 'shake' then i'd suggest making them up in a bottle without that sort of air system and then pouring it into the dr brown one. Also if when you warm the milk up take the bottle top and teat & collar off aswell so that the milk doesn't rise up the air tube and leak :thumbup:

thats what i do too lol just leave the lid and everything off and onoly warm the bottle. we have gaviscon so i have to shake but i just put a muslin round the cloth when i shake incase anything does leak :haha:

tbh im not THAT anal with all the oh its got holes in it so it wont be steralised, we dont live in a sterile environment so no matter what you do its going to be exposed to the world at some point between sterlising and putting in LOs mouth

love our dr.browns <3

We use them and I like them a lot. I was almost turned off by people saying they had so many parts, but it's actually really simple. Nothing to it! They have never once leaked, with my son we used other bottles that leaked all the time.

I'm not sure if they are helping LO's gas though, she still has it pretty bad... but my son had it horribly, he had awful colic- so compared to that it's great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->