Drank some aloe drink

amc90

Reaction score
I drank about 6oz, half the bottle, of aloe water juice with pulp and later Googled that it's not good during pregnancy and lead to miscarriage. I don't drink that much of it and only bought it today because it looked good. I dumped the rest down the sink. Should I be worried?

I doubt drinking a small amount would do any harm from what I've read. I think a certain amount of Aloe Vera can create uterine contractions and it also may lower blood glucose levels. I really think half a bottle of water with some in is unlikely to harm your baby. Surely if that amount could cause harm, there would be warnings on the bottle or in your pregnancy notes etc.
If you're concerned, check with your GP or midwife, but I think you'll be absolutely fine xxxxxx

I would think you have nothing to worry about. I asked my Dr last time about tea that had lemongrass in it because I read that it can lead to a miscarriage also. And he said the small amount that is in it is not going to affect you and they would have a warning on the box if they thought it might be a danger to pregnant women.

Thank you so much for your words of reassurance! I am just disappointed that I can't drink anymore because it definitely soothed my reflux.

I think you will be just fine! My reasoning is that drinking or eating almost anything in pregnancy would require ingesting large quantities to produce a negative reaction. My massage therapist who is a little too hippy dippy gave me wild fern tea (like, plant she steeped from out in the woods!) and, while I panicked after I got home because I read you are not suppose to drink it while pregnant, me and baby are totally fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->