Drawing on walls

Discussion in 'Toddler & Pre-School' started by ronnie1234, May 29, 2013.

1. ronnie1234

ronnie1234 One child aged five

Any one else's child go through stage of drawing on walls?

2. willow25

willow25 Gracies mummy !!!

Lol yes I have a regular little Michelangelo here ! Fortunately its chalk so it wipes off easily !

3. minkymoo

minkymoo Well-Known Member

My LO has done it a couple of times. Invest in a sponge eraser, if they are painted walls, comes straight off!

4. ExpectingK

ExpectingK Well-Known Member

Jasmine prefers drawing on her clothes!

5. mummylove

mummylove Well-Known Member

Yes! and its bloody annoying but i suppose thats kids for u

6. seoj

seoj Our family of four...

Not... yet... LOL. But I only allow my LO to use color wonder pens (for now) as they only color on the paper- not walls or floors or furniture... haha. My besties daughter used her walls many times to express her artistic side ;)

7. katy1310

katy1310 Mummy of 1

I'm sure she would given the chance but I keep her crayons and pens away in a box and only get them out for when she is sitting at the kitchen table drawing and I'm with her! I wouldn't trust her in the slightest if she was unsupervised with them. I have recently noticed that she appears to have "drawn" on the bedroom wall with my lip balm :haha: It's just clear greasyish looking marks but definitely my lipbalm as she always makes a beeline for it when she comes to wake me if it's on the bedside cabinet. I now have to sleep with it under my pillow :haha:

8. ronnie1234

ronnie1234 One child aged five

Thanks for the tips everyone! Ordered a magic eraser & going to loom at those wonder pens.

Glad I'm not alone!

9. hellohefalump

hellohefalump Well-Known Member

Yeah... Madeleine! Although not any more but she did as a toddler. Lol when mojo was a little baby she used to try and say it was him! We hid all the permanent markers and biros, crayon comes off with cheap hairspray. Just kept telling her not to and left paper for her to draw on. It's hard to be angry when she was showing me so proudly what shed drawn! Lol

10. Bex84

Bex84 Well-Known Member

yes, we put crayons out of way so for supervised play, my dh though will leave pens out and if I have missed one my lo will find it while I make breakfast and colour the wall, black biro comes off with flash lemon. She does have some chalk for her easel but that comes strait off wall with wipe. Since we got easel she does less frequently thank goodness

11. Lilli

Lilli Well-Known Member

Yes! he found a pencil when i was in the shower last week and literally the whole upstairs hallway and doors were scribbled on at toddler height!
    Then even though my OH was sitting next to him, Adri drew a lovely big blue crayon scribble on the sitting room wall!
    love aquadoodle!
    :)

12. Bambina

Bambina Mother of 1

yes my little girl have covered the house, how she is finding these crayons i do not know. We only give her chalk now so easy to rub off. But it looks like ill be repainting again