dread nap times

Shells

Reaction score
as the title says nap times are awful...it takes half an hour to get him down with me and him in tears everytime. i cant take anymore tears its breaking my heart. any ideas would be great :cry:
x

No real tips but I'm in the same boat - I really have to work at getting lo to sleep , loads of tears, often I can't put him down or he wakes, cries and the whole thing starts again - usually half an hour of jigging...... He sleeps fine atnight too....I long for a baby that nods off when tired!!!!

He goes down at night really well too, at this moment he screaming, i have tried jiggling/singing and cc and i dont know what to do...he has been awake since 12.15 and is so tired....i feel like an awful mum but me sitting in there crying with him wont help!!
i long for him to just 'nod off'!!! :(

No advice just sympathy, my lo is the same but sleeps lovely at night. When she does finally nap i have to put her dummy back in god knows how many times or she wakes up, drives me nuts because i struggle to get anything done :growlmad:

Mine rarely takes proper daytime naps either (but also sleeps great at night). She'll occcasionally fall asleep while I'm nursing or in the carseat or stroller, but that's about it. I've given up on making her take a nap and just encourage the times she actually does. Of course it means my apartment is a disaster because I can't ever get the cleaning done.

this nap has taken me an hour and i resorted to standing in the kitchen with the tumble dryer and extractor fan on o stop him crying and then take him back into his room and jiggled :shrug:

I keep getting loads of people say ''at least he sleeps well at night'' which is starting to bother me now :growlmad:, i know i should be grateful he does but at least at night there is two of us to deal with it, whereas in the day im on my own and doing it 3-4 times a day :cry:

rant over sorry
x

If i leave katie too long she is the same but if i put her down for her nap a little earlier she goes down great, could u maybe try 15 mins earlier? I find if katie is overtired then she is a nightmare. Try this and see if it helps. I found that spottin her earlier tired signs is a lifesaver... to other people she will seemwide awake but i put hee down and she goes straight off. Good luck hun xx

Routines are the best way with naps.

Make sure LO goes to bed early enough at night so they arent cranky during the day.

watch for tired signs.

when i put my LO down for naps/bedtime its the same routine every time.

i take him into the bedroom, make it dark, change his diaper, sit next to his bassinet, give him his bottle, no talking. burp, put over shoulder, pat back and shh when quiet/drowsy, put into bassinet, give him his teddy blanket to hold/chew/suck, put blanket over him, put projector/radio on low, leave.

if he cries, leave for 5 minutes, then go in, pick up, put over shoulder, pat and shh till quiet, put down, give teddy, cover with blanket, restart projector, and leave again.

i did this from 4 months old and its worked great. no i do all of the above but he doesnt cry anymore he goes straight to sleep.

i dont say a word sometimes "shh" noises.

My Lo wakes at 7, his first nap is at 10, his second nap about 2/3pm, bed time is at 7pm.

he sleeps 1-2 hours per nap, and through the night 7pm-7am.

i hope what ive said helps you all. I really recommend giving them a teddy/muslin cloth to hold/chew/suck when you put them down. dont ever take it out the bassinet/crib though, and never use it as a toy. its a bedtime/sleep time thing only and thats what they'll associate it with.

and leaving the projector (it plays lullabys) or radio on low helps because it is a constant nosie and blocks out sudden noises from me doing other things in the house.

Kacey has always been great at night but rubbish at night. So i started doing a mini night routine for naps. And it worked great and she goes down fine. Also i find catching the early tiredness signals good to

I can sympathize. I used to have to take Nate out of the house on a walk or to the shop for every nap! I couldn't get him to sleep in the house. Then cold weather really and he was ill with a cold so taking him out on massively long walks around the neighbourhood wasn't really a good idea and I just forced myself to get him to nap in the house. It took a few days of struggling but this is what worked in the end for us.

He seems particularly fond of one of the throw blankets on our couch so as soon as he needs a nap I wrap him up in it and just rock and bounce him back and forth for maybe 5-10 mins and he's off. Sometimes as fast as 1 min depending on how tired he is. I found if i did the same exact thing every time, he started to associate being wrapped in that blanket with napping and now it works everytime.

Granted, he still doesn't nap in his cot unless I put him in there after he's asleep and he usually wakes after about 20 mins but i do put him down next to me on the couch and he sometimes sleeps 1.5 hours next to me on the couch (which is why im on BNB so much!)

I do the same routine in the day that i do at night....Projector, then cuddle and sing lullaby, then in cot to sleep...works great at bedtime no tears at all, but during the day the neighbours must think i just leave him to cry several times a day :( Have tried looking at signs but am convinced i read them wrong sometimes, then i start feeling guilty that i have put him down too early!! just dont know what to do with him. Anyone have this then lo just starts getting tired and satrt nodding off on there own?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->