Dreading a miscarriage :(

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Natali, Jun 7, 2011.

1. Natali

Natali Teen mum to twins :)

Hey, I'm Natalie and I'm 17. I'm 4 weeks pregnant with my first baby and I'm absolutely dreading a miscarriage. What are the odds that I will lose my baby? Advice / reassurance much appreciated! Thankyou :)

2. GTTC49

GTTC49 Pregnant- Expecting

Congrats on your BFP! All I can say hun is just to focus on the happiness and not put all of your energy into worrying about miscarrying. You can't control what is meant to happen- just take care of yourself and your body and trust that everything happens for a reason. :flower:

3. xsadiex

xsadiex Well-Known Member

There's no way of knowing what your personal odds are, but I do know that we're all scared of miscarriage, but you just have to be positive because there is nothing you can do to stop this (usually they are due to chromosome abnormalities).
    I'm sure you'll be fine though, most pregnancies ARE healthy!
    x

4. Nichole

Nichole DD, DS, and pregnant!

Okay, no one get mad at me, I'm just giving facts. Approximately the risk, of a healthy woman, having a miscarriage is 10%-25%. However, after finding the baby's heartbeat (somewhere around 6-8 weeks *ususally*) the risk goes down significantly. Once you've reached 2nd trimester (13 or 14 weeks along) the chances go down to about 1% (according to my Doctor).

However, you can't control what happens, so try not to worry and enjoy being pregnant :) Chances are low so you shouldn't focus on negative possibilities. Congrats!

5. lesbianlove

lesbianlove mummy to 3 boys :)

yeah just as the other girls sais wots gonna happen is gonna happen just take things easy and a day at a time, i was 17 and pregnant with my first too :)

6. DG1984

DG1984 Mommy to Noah

I think we all naturally worry about miscarrying, especially when it's our first. I know I did. I'm almost 11 weeks and haven't experienced any problems, except for a little bit of spotting at around 6 weeks. Of course it freaked me right out! But I was assured it was completely normal, and a lot of what happens during the first trimester are completely normal. But it's so hard to know what's normal and what's not when you've never been pregnant before!

Congrats on your BFP and i'm sure you will have a happy & healthy pregnancy :)

7. SpunkyMunkey

SpunkyMunkey Well-Known Member

It's actually a comfort to know the actual numbers. I've been totally freaked out by the possibility of having a miscarriage, because I've known quite a few people who have had them, and since I wasn't really expecting to get pregnant so easily (I had problems with my health in high school, and a doctor told me I'd probably never get pregnant), I have a fear that I will have a miscarriage.

8. Nichole

Nichole DD, DS, and pregnant!

I can understand that fear. Congrats on your bfp! You'll do just fine. You've already proven your doctor wrong :)

9. xdxxtx

xdxxtx NTNP

I've been terrified this entire time as well. I'm having a very difficult time and am just waiting for time to pass so I can hopefully feel a little better. So far, I feel a little more comfortable every time I go up a week, but I'm still obsessed with everything and check the toilet paper every time I use the bathroom (which is about a hundred times a day at this point)... It's scary, but it does help knowing that the vast majority of pregnancies have no problems whatsoever. Enjoy being pregnant, and enjoy all the time you have with your little fetus because pregnancy really is such an amazing thing, and all life should be celebrated.

10. ASBO_ALI

ASBO_ALI Another live one :o)

miscarriages happen for a reason... genetically there is something wrong so in my opinion its better to miscarry a baby which may be born with disabilities making life a struggle for not only the baby but for the parents too! Ive been through 5 miscarriages, one live birth of a DS and currently pregnant again with #2. Try not to spend the pregnancy worry chick! xx

11. pixiepower

pixiepower Well-Known Member

just wanted to send you some:hugs:, and congrats and I hope everything will go smoothly for you x

12. BabyBlondex

BabyBlondex Mummy to 2 💕

There is just no way of knowing hun, I went through a mc in november and now im convinced im gonan go through it again, just take ur time :) x

13. dreamer1978

dreamer1978 Guest

I've been spotting and had a bout of cramps (for less than ten minutes), and MC is all I can think about! It's horrible! I understand how you feel...but then I look at how many kids there are in the world, and it gives me a sense of peace!