Dreading getting in the shower

bunnyblonde

Reaction score
I have to get ready for work but the last time I showered I ended up getting really sick and I've already gotten sick once today. I don't want to go through that again :(

I read this somewhere yesterday that aversion to showering is an early symptom, maybe you could just wash or have a cold shower? Apparently it's he heat that makes you feel sick, hopefully you find a way around it :-( sickness hasn't started for me yet but I'm sure it won't be long before in sympathising with you! Xxx

I always try to have mine a lot cooler other wise I get dizzy and nauseous, it also helps that I have a glass of Orange juice before I get a shower.

I kept adjusting the temp to avoid getting sick. Last week when I was rinsing out my conditioner the tempature spiked way up and made me sick immediately, I didn't even get all the conditioner out. I think it's because they had just installed a new water heater in my building. I didn't get sick today but I did see tiny dancing spots afterwards

Have it cool and maybe turn it off between shampoo, conditioner etc, that way you won't be under the warm water for too long. Feel for you lovely hope you feel better soon xx

Hot water can lower your blood pressure. On top of being pregnant your blood pressure might already be on the low side. If you are feeling that ill I would suggest a cooler shower maybe. Not too cold as you don't want to get sick, just try not to make it so hot. Also if you have a vent you might want to turn it off to get rid of access steam.

The shower made me nauseous for my entire pregnancy. I work in a job where I do not have to look nice, so I ended up only showering once or twice a week and just washing myself in the sink with a washcloth the other days.

Hot shower and blow drying my hair makes me feel sick so to prevent that this time I have been showering at night, sleeping with wet hair and then just quickly straightening it in the morning before work.. It's working so far!

I unfortunately can't get away with not blow drying my hair :( it gets gross if I let it air dry

Wow I thought it was just me. I love hot showers. It's always the best way for me to relax. However, I've felt sick every time recently and was having to turn the temp down. Glad to know it's common!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->