• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Dream Feeding - anyone tried it?

N

Neecee

I know Melbo's giving it a go, just wondered if anyone else has tried it and if they found it beneficial in any way (especially at night).

Might be a stupid question - but what's 'dream feeding'? :blush:

Meadow wakes up straight away and if she doesnt her mouth is firmly shut.

I do but with EMB in a bottle. He gets a dream feed at 11.30pm and then sleeps anywhere from 4 to 7 hours after.

It has only worked for the past 2 weeks tho, before that he was still waking up every 1 to 2 hours through the night for food.

I kept on with it tho because I wanted his longest sleep to be from 12 ish so that eventually I wont have to get up in the night :rofl:

I tried it once. I went in, picked Harry up out of his cot and then spent 10 minutes trying to force my boob in his firmly shut mouth! Never bothered trying it since.

I do it... although I FF... I've read that for bfers you can sometimes get them to take it by brushing your nipple from their nose down to their chin to get them to open their mouth, I tried it with my bottle and she opened right up... but she does anyways. Or touching their cheek. I guess it is likely harder to get a boob into a sleeping babies mouth.

Its worth a try though if you have one who still wakes alot to be fed.

Sorry whats the purpose pf doing this??? Surely bub will wake up if there hungry?? Sorry i think im being stupid??

Some people do it last thing before they (ie Mum) go to bed in an attempt to get bubs to sleep longer. :D

I do this at around 10pm at night and it keeps Halle going till about 4am.

Well I tried it at 11pm last night and Kai still woke up at 2am!!! I'm gonna try again tonight...

I personally don't get it lol, I don't like the idea of it. I have never done it and wouldn't try it lol. I guess that's just me, we feed on demand and if he isn't demanding I'm surely not going to wake him up even a little to get him to feed so I can sleep longer. I guess that's one good thing about cosleeping, I never really had to get really woken up, he woke up I nursed we went back to sleep. I say "never wake a sleeping baby" lol

I dream feed Jay at about 10:30. He's not so much asleep but drowsy and then about 90% of the time he's alsleep when he stops feeding or if he is awake he drops back off to sleep easily :D

It works for us as otherwise he wakes around 5ish for a feed. I'm planning on stopping in the next few weeks once he's eating 3 good sized meals a day :)

xx

I have done it with all three of mine. I gently lift baby out of the cot, breastfeed her and put her back. She doesn't wake.

....however, seems to have made no difference as she still wakes at 2am and 5.30am for a feed so tbh I don't know why I've been bothering!!!

I've done this with all of mine, mostly coz I keep them in the crib downstairs while they're still tiny as I don't really want them out of my sight while they're still so young. They fall asleep about 8pm and then when we go to bed about 11pm I carry them upstairs, change bottom and feed them as they were still virtually asleep. Pop them back in the crib in the bedroom then they sleep till 6.30am-8.30am ish:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

I can't see anything wrong with that:dohh:

I dont see anything wrong with it either hevz, jasmine never woke... if it gets mums a couple extra hours... go for it! I always did it right when I went to bed so I at least got a good few hours before she woke.

Some babies it works, some it doesnt...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"