Dream Interpretation (now with rune casting)!

GingerPanda

1DD LTTCRPL + NTNP#2
Reaction score
I don't think this is the right forum for this, but I also don't think there's really a right forum for it. This is as close as I can get.

I love hearing about people's dreams and telling them about mine! It's often hilarious when we wake up in the morning and go, "What the heck was THAT all about?!" Dream interpretation is something I got into not long ago, but it's fun. I like it. And so I figured I would look for people to tell me their dreams so that I can practice on them! I'll never swear to you up and down that I'm right or that I even know what I'm doing. It's all in good fun!

Here's a sample of two of my dreams that I analyzed:

I had a dream that I was working at a pet store, and there was a really cute guy there. We were flirting back and forth, and when he finally pointed out that we were obviously attracted to each other and should go on a date, I suddenly remembered that I was married. Like, wtf, I forgot? :haha: Sometimes when we have dreams like this, it means we're longing for a closer connection with people. Not necessarily that we're looking to cheat on our significant others. This makes sense to me, as I have very few IRL friends, and I rarely get to see all but one of them. And he's more hubs's friend than mine, really.

And then I had another dream that I was living with my parents again. And the house was wildly haunted. Again. I have these dreams all the time. In dreams, ghosts usually symbolize unfinished business. The fact that the dreams always terrify me seems to suggest that I am maybe afraid I missed out by leaving home so soon. It was a quick decision I made to leave. I went from "I'll be coming back to school from spring break" to "I'm dropping out and moving two states away, away from everyone I know". It worked out, but I think I do feel like I left a lot of people behind, and a lot of memories in that house.

Here's my weird dream from last night:

I dreamed DH and I adopted another cat (a 2 year old grey tabby male) that behaved just fine until we got him home. Then he began repeatedly trying to mate with my older cat (14 year old female, poor thing) and she'd have none of it so I had to break them apart several times. This damn tabby's claws would get stuck in my clothes (or skin) every time I'd pull him off her, and finally after the third or fourth time I threw him across the room and he landed on his feet and dashed off. Seconds later I hear yowling and I go after the cat to find that he's attempting to eat a throw pillow from off the couch: it's the same size as him! I run up and pick him up with one arm, using the other to try and yank this pillow out of his throat.

And then I wake up. :wacko: wth?!

I'm curious to see if any sense can be made of this, and what my subconscious might be trying to say to me (if anything) :haha:

Cats usually represent the desire or urge to care for someone, or even sometimes the need for sex or to reproduce. When they show up in the dreams of women, they can also represent fertility. Since the cat in the dream was unpredictable or maybe came across as threatening and uncontrollable, it might mean that you're feeling threatened as a woman in regards to your fertility. Given that you've just had a loss, I think this might be pretty accurate.

Isn't it wild how the craziest dreams can somehow turn into something that makes sense on such a personal level?

Hmm yea I can definitely see it from that perspective. Now if only I could throw the :witch: across the room like I did that cat :haha:

Thank you GP!

Following this thread! I've had loads of weird dreams lately but right now can't remember a single one! Lol. I will have to wait for another one to come along to make use of your wisdom.

Lol, I don't think it's really wisdom. Just me, my intuition, and a book I sometimes reference. :haha:

So interesting GP! I have had several of those types of 'meet another guy and sorta get together with him before remembering I'm married' type dreams, so I was really intrigued about what you said. I think for me there is also a lot of truth in the connection thing; I have some really great friends but I don't see them as often as I'd like because except for one, they're all parents. And I do want to make more friends for DH and I as a couple.

What do attics mean GP? I have a recurring dream involving my mum's attic, and it's full of stuff and I can't really remember all the details now but I think there's often some kind of threat (from a monster). Sometimes the attic is leaking. I also often dream about having to pack up a room/house/my personal effects at short notice and it's difficult trying to decide what to take or to get everything packed. I end up with bags of stuff and there's still so much left over.

Very keen to hear what you think!

So interesting GP! I have had several of those types of 'meet another guy and sorta get together with him before remembering I'm married' type dreams, so I was really intrigued about what you said. I think for me there is also a lot of truth in the connection thing; I have some really great friends but I don't see them as often as I'd like because except for one, they're all parents. And I do want to make more friends for DH and I as a couple.

What do attics mean GP? I have a recurring dream involving my mum's attic, and it's full of stuff and I can't really remember all the details now but I think there's often some kind of threat (from a monster). Sometimes the attic is leaking. I also often dream about having to pack up a room/house/my personal effects at short notice and it's difficult trying to decide what to take or to get everything packed. I end up with bags of stuff and there's still so much left over.

Very keen to hear what you think!

Attics usually, as I'm sure you can imagine, represent your memories and past experiences. If it's a full jumble of stuff, it might mean you're feeling disorganized and need to spend some time rearranging your mental space. Ghosts or monsters in the attic usually represent a bad memory, maybe one you're trying to repress.

Homes can represent yourself, like your mind or personality. To dream of packing up to leave can symbolize that you're exploring new parts of yourself.

Maybe all the stuff you have leftover is some of the junk from your past that was in your attic in the other dreams. Maybe you're growing and changing as a person, and you have a lot of clutter that can be done away with, or needs to be dealt with for you to move on. And maybe the monster is representing your reluctance to face the bad memories you have.

Can I just give a standing ovation? Lol. Your interpretations make loads of sense! I'm so impressed. You could do this for a living.

:haha:

I don't think I could do it for a living! I'd feel like such a hack, especially since I already make fun of psychics! This is just for fun, and if it helps somebody somehow then awesome.

But really, I think anyone could probably do it with a dream dictionary and a bit of intuition! :thumbup:

Lol, please, psychics could not possibly know the future. I don't believe in that at all. But I fully believe dreams are our subconscious wanting to tell us something about ourselves. It's more psychology than supernatural lol. But you definitely have a great intuition for it :thumbup:

That's interesting about cats!

Can I trouble you with mine..?

I dreamed last night that I was in a huge, sloping field, which rolled from high to low, then high again with a dip in the middle (like a smooth minature valley). There was a horse running along the perimeter, in and out of trees, only intermittently visible through the trees. It had something blue on it (I'm not certain of what, I just remember blue). For some reason, I had to catch this horse, or at least catch up with it.
I started making my way across the field when it turned sandy and more variable in terrain - I kept falling down small ridges and struggling to move in the sand. I reached the middle of the field where there was a small shack and stopped to rest in the shade. Two tiny kittens appeared - like, TINY. The size of mice. They were both grey and I wanted to take them with me, but knew that I had to leave them there for whatever reason. I was paranoid that some of the women that had turned up at the shack were going to tread on them, but they didn't.
I made my way back up the sandy slope towards the trees with great effort, but that's where the dream ended. I didn't see the horse again.

Riddle me this! :D

That's interesting about cats!

Can I trouble you with mine..?

I dreamed last night that I was in a huge, sloping field, which rolled from high to low, then high again with a dip in the middle (like a smooth minature valley). There was a horse running along the perimeter, in and out of trees, only intermittently visible through the trees. It had something blue on it (I'm not certain of what, I just remember blue). For some reason, I had to catch this horse, or at least catch up with it.
I started making my way across the field when it turned sandy and more variable in terrain - I kept falling down small ridges and struggling to move in the sand. I reached the middle of the field where there was a small shack and stopped to rest in the shade. Two tiny kittens appeared - like, TINY. The size of mice. They were both grey and I wanted to take them with me, but knew that I had to leave them there for whatever reason. I was paranoid that some of the women that had turned up at the shack were going to tread on them, but they didn't.
I made my way back up the sandy slope towards the trees with great effort, but that's where the dream ended. I didn't see the horse again.

Riddle me this! :D

This is an intricate one!

Fields mean freedom and happiness. The barren spots you fought with might mean that you struggle with pessimism while trying to maintain that freedom and happiness. If it was like a little mini desert, then that could signify that you feel isolated sometimes. Perhaps you struggle with loneliness and pessimism at times, but most times you are happy?

Freud said horses represented the male sex drive. However, Freud thought EVERYTHING was about sex. Jung said they might be indicative of health conditions. Horses that appear to be wild might represent undirected energy (like sexual desires, or even desires for your future like TTC) that overrides your own personal or social needs.

Different shades of blue can mean different things. Bright blue is a feel-good color. Happiness or tranquility. Muddy/dirty blues mean feelings of depression. Darker blues say that you have an unconscious readiness to release yourself from repressed feelings. The color blue in your dream is probably your unconscious telling you to slow down. Relax and take things one step at a time.

As I said earlier, houses or homes represent your mind and your inner "self". Cats can represent your femininity or fertility. Perhaps you wanted to take them with you so bad because you saw them like children. If the thing you were chasing was your desire to TTC, maybe the other women meant you felt threatened that other women were just marching on by you and getting their babies without you. Almost like they were stomping on your desires.

There are a lot of ways to interpret it!

GP, you're an interpreting gangsta. So much of that made sense! Very weird. I've never felt jealousy before; it's an emotion I was very unfamiliar with, until women around me started having babies. It became even worse since my loss. It kinda fits with my dream...

Thank you!!!

No problem!

I just realized I will probably be hearing lots of dreams that involve cats here! :haha:

No problem!

I just realized I will probably be hearing lots of dreams that involve cats here! :haha:

Indeed, I've been having at least one 'cat' dream a week for at least the last month :haha: at least now I have a better idea as to what my subconscious is dwelling on (and I'm relieved to know that I'm not developing a deep seeded fear of cat attacks!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->