Dress help!

Scally

Reaction score
Have just gone into a bridal shop, looked briefly and then legged it! Honestly they really scare me! down to the sales people that stand right behind you, asking what sort of dress you want (i have no idea!), not knowing what the prices are and trying to discretely look, to the trying on (trying on loads of dresses is my idea of hell!!!)
Seriously where am i going to get a dress???!!!! I have almost 3 months to go! I am not sure about buying online as i am sooooo tall and dont want it to be an ankle swinger!!!
Does anyone have the same fear as me??? going into a wedding shop feels like going into a lions den???!!!!!
x

Hi hun, don't be put off- sales assistants are like that. If I were you, I would write down exactly what your dream dress would be and what price range your looking for, present this to the sales person and they'll be able to pick a few frocks out for you. Maybe phone them before hand and explain how you feel so that they know.

Picking a dress may seem magical but it can be really hard sometimes I know, esp when your on a budget.

If the whole wedding shop scares you, maybe consider buying a dress from debenhams or BHS? xx

I was scared when i went the other day. Try relax and be brave, its hard but its worth it.

Sales assistants are really helpful. You dont want to get to your big day and have no dress xxx

:hugs: x

I agree the sales assistants can make you feel pressured, obliged or whatever...you do get some terrible bridal assistants!

Most are lovely though, and genuinely want to help. I would say honeyb's idea of writing down what you are looking for and your budget and hand it to the assistant. Maybe even tear out a few pics from wedding magazines?

I think for your height you probably will need the help from the assistants as they will know which ones would best suit you?

Good luck, hope you find the 'one' quickly and painlessly!

I went to a shop that didn't require an appointment first up, they did mostly bridesmaids dresses, but had a small bridal selection.

It was a low-key way to break my 'dress cherry' so to speak and I felt much happier about going to a proper dress shop afterwards.

Maybe you have something local like the first shop?

Good Luck.

Tx

take a bossy friend they can do all the talking for you? i bought my dress online because i don't like shops or people sales people really don't mix with me lol so i got a lovely dress online thankfully its brilliant fit and what i wanted and got it for £35 when it was worth £400 because the women never got any other bids she tried hard not to sell it to me for that prince but in the end she had too :D lol bargin and great dress for me.... no date as of yet though as it was meant to be sooner rather than later lol

this is why im getting my dress made by a local designer (sooooooooooo much cheaper too!!) why not have a look online for types of dresses you like and take a few printouts with you? ebay is a good place to start for variety! good luck!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->