Drinking and bbt

Jmxswack

Reaction score
This is my second cycle taking my bbt, so forgive my ignorance.

I had read that it was okay to shift what time you take your bbt at the start of a new cycle. Since school is out, I am able to wake up an hour later for my summer job.

I also started drinking a glass of wine a night since starting my new cycle since I have been on vacation.

My question is: do one or both of these things account for my high Temps? Or because this is only my second month, do I just not know my normal?

Last cycle at the start I was low 97's. Ranging from 97.3X to 97.6X (X placement denoting that I got more than one reading of this temp with a different number in the X position) However, during this cycle my Temps would have been touching my pervious coverline. I've had ranging from 97.6X to 97.9Xs. I am 5 days in to my new cycle.

Is it normal to vary so much between cycles? Or is it caused by a single glass of wine a night? Or waking up at 7:05 instead of 6:05?

I can't tell you for sure as I'm no expert...but a glass of wine shouldn't matter. Do you wake up at all in the middle of the night? Bbt should be taken after at least 3 hours consistent sleep so If you are suddenly waking up this cycle...maybe your body is still accustomed to your old schedule?

Wine and sleeping disturbances will both affect temp.

wine can definitely affect your temp but each person is individual. for some people it raises it for some it lowers it.

I don't think time of day matters. But if you are sleeping longer because you are able to wake up later that can make your temps higher. I have found after a year of doing this that length of sleep matters more than time. If you only sleep 3 hours but wake at the same time then your sleep will be affected (usually lower) and if you sleep 10 hours (instead of 8) and wake up the same time it will be higher.

If you decide to have a drink every night for the entire cycle you will have an overall pattern for this cycle and it will be pretty consistent. But your temps will shift slightly if you stop (not saying you shouldn't stop or should stop, just that there will be a slight difference).

my advice is to do your best to sleep the same amount of time each night.

An hour later makes a difference for me! I've read that your bbt tends to be at its lowest around 6 am. I would just try to stick as close to 7 am from now on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->