drinking in 2ww?

holywoodmum

2 girls and one cooking
Reaction score
Just wondering if you ladies still enjoy a vino while in 2ww? Got to thinking as I'm out for a tadting menu meal tomorrow, with paired wines for each course. Can't rememver if i did or didnt drink in 2ww with my DDs. I stopped totally after bfp.

holywood- with my DS I found out I was pregnant on March 19th....March 17th (St Patricks Day) I got completely plastered with my friends....2 days later when I found out I was pregnant I felt horrible about it. We werent TTC we were NPNT...so I really had no clue. At my first appointment I told them about my drinking and the Dr told me that the first 4 weeks it can harldy do any damage and most people keep on drinking and smoking and what not becasue they have no clue that they are pregnant. Obviously now that I am actually TTC I am more worried about it but I dont think a few glasses of wine would hurt at all...

Thanks wishn. I guess I can try each wine but drink the whole lot. I barely drink these dats anyway, but no one in rl knows we are ttc!

Im going to vote "other" as I dont want to encourage others to drink and say its ok while ttc as they say you shouldnt. Something could happen and regret might happen later. Tho that being said..i personally dont think I glass of wine would hurt in the tww as I plan on it this weekend.

I only drink during AF. I know SOME people say that drinking throughout the TWW and pregnancy is fine in limited amount,but I'm way too scared to.

I've been ttc for about 3 and a half years,I started off worrying about it but there's really no point! Can't keep carrying on putting things on hold incase I get a bfp! Id end up going even more insane :) each to their own though.

I do. The first 8 months of ttc I wouldn't have a drink, take a tylenol for a headache, stopped drinking soda etc than af would come. In the 2WW I do everything in moderation but until I get a bfp I'll have a glass or two.

moderation sounds sensible. I guess since a lot of people do have a small drink during pregnancy, then no reason why not in 2ww. i just think how upset i'd be wtih myself if something went wrong and i was blaming it on that.
but it's not like i'm getting hammered or anything.

I vary rarely drink, but if I wanted to, I would. I think it's fine in moderation. If you had conceived the placenta wouldn't yet be formed so you and baby wouldn't yet share a blood supply, so unless you're getting really drunk then I don't think it would do any harm.
Of course, it's always better to be safe than sorry, but TTC is stressful, I believe it is good to let yourself relax and try to forget about it when you get the chance.

I did drink in my TWW with my daugher, but I stopped when I got my BFP.

thank you! i'd forgotten about the whole, placenta not having taken over thing!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"