Drinking while TTC

Esojo

Reaction score
I have officially given up consuming alcohol while we are TTC (although I allow myself a nice big cocktail when I start my period ;) ). I am a little torn with my hubs drinking though. I have read places alcohol doesn't effect sperm, but I think it is more of a jealousy issue (UM I want a big glass of wine (ok 2)). Has anyone made their partner stop while TTC?

I'm like you! I'm alcohol free, except I had AF last week and I had some cocktails this past weekend knowing it'll be before we TTC again this week and ovulate. From here out I'm alcohol free until AF comes or throughout a pregnancy!
My husband agrees to lower his alcohol consumption but neither of us drinks much anymore and we can't handle it like we used to! It's mostly just beer on a weekend with a few friends. Weird thing I went through...we just started trying but a few months ago, I was craving alcohol- beer, margaritas, cocktails, like every day!! I chalk it up to a "pre-ttc" nesting mode of my mind knowing I should get it all in before I can't???? I didn't drink daily or anything like that! lol :) but it was crazy the cravings I was having! Now they're gone.

haha I used to have a glass of wine occasionally with my DH, who used to have one glass of red wine every night, which is good for you.
I try not to if I know that ive ov'd or are in the tww but if before that, and I really want a glass then I just have one...
at first I was really strict with having nothing...but after almost 2 years...I've become somewhat slack on it...
A girl I knew who was ttc for about 8 months said she gave up and she and her DH got totally drunk one night and bam...9 months later she had a little girl...weird.

My hubby & I are both wine drinkers. We don't drink it everyday but a few glasses a week. Obviously, I wont be drinking if I become preggers or when I'm ovulating.

I dont drink, except first couple of days of my period. Hubby doesnt drink either, just in case!

I had not had any alcohol since our wedding (October) until last weekend when I knew I hadn't ovulated yet and I just really wanted a nice cocktail...I had 2 and I felt super buzzed...not that I was a big drinker before, but I used to be able to handle myself haha...I chalk it up to the break in drinking and also the metformin...but it was nice to have a little nip :)

DH drinks enough for the both of us sometimes, but it is better than weed or cigarettes so I let it go....though it usually effects his performance so it's pretty much banned during O week :)

I believe in being responsible. Have fun, don't stress to much over the "I might be pregnant I cant drink AHHHH!" A few drinks here and there wont hurt you. :)

There's absolutely no need to cut out alcohol while you're ovulating or in the tww. Relax and enjoy that glass of wine if you want to! I'm pretty sure stress and over analysing everything we do or don't do is way more likely to result in those BFNs.

i drink on some weekends while ttc if im in the 2ww il test before i go out an if its neg then i figure its ok. dont want to put my life on hold to much. and would never make
oh stop drinking i couldt tell him what to do anyway but i really dont think theres any need. thats just me
tho i meen im still smoking too which is bad but will defo stop that on ov day xxx

I drink occasionally, OH works in a cocktail bar so has a few more drinks here and there.
xx

A girl on here gave me a great suggestion that she stops any alcohol 5 dpo until her period. I'm not a "drinker" but I do like a glass of wine on Sundays or dinner or something....so I've adopted her rule and that way it's...I'm not giving up alcohol for a baby who knows when is coming and I don't feel guilty...as for DH....no I'd never ask him to. He seriously drinks "maybe" 10 times a year. If he ever wanted a beer I'd never say no. When I was pregnant I'd be like egging him on to drink because it seemed like such a waste that NEITHER of us were enjoying it. Hahahaa. He never drinks and doesn't like sushi...HE'D be way better at being the pregnant one! Hahaha

haha I used to have a glass of wine occasionally with my DH, who used to have one glass of red wine every night, which is good for you.
I try not to if I know that ive ov'd or are in the tww but if before that, and I really want a glass then I just have one...
at first I was really strict with having nothing...but after almost 2 years...I've become somewhat slack on it...
A girl I knew who was ttc for about 8 months said she gave up and she and her DH got totally drunk one night and bam...9 months later she had a little girl...weird.

I know a lot of people that concieved on very drunk nights! :wacko:

Hahaha..I do have to laugh about the conceiving drunk thing...when we were ttc my daughter the first month nothing happened. The second month, I was in a wedding party and I was ovulating within a day or two of the bachelorette for this wedding.....I don't really get "drunk" that much anymore...but this bachelorette...omg...let's just say I came home and "apparently" DH and I dtd but I don't even REMEMBER!!!! hahahahahha...and that was the time it took!!! Ironically...last month didn't catch for #2...but this month, once again I'm ovulating the weekend I'm at a bachelorette....maybe I'll throw caution out the window and come home inappropriately drunk again!! :)

ha ha! that's great! I say give it a go this weekend!! as long as you don't overdo it and it backfires and you pass out first!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->