Drinking while TTC?

lindsvancamp

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I was just wondering what your opinions are on drinking alcohol while TTC? I know it's not the best thing to do, and you should definitely avoid binge drinking every weekend. But what about a drink or a few on the weekends?
I have several social gatherings coming up and am not sure what to do!?

Also, if you are TTC #2 did you drink with while ttc #1? All opinions are welcome! Thank you,

I've heard different things. When we decided to start trying, we decided I would cut back on the wine. We love wine, and would drink it a couple times a week with dinner. But once I did my research and reading, I decided myself to completely cut it out while TTC. I wanted the best possible fertility rates, and I read that alcohol can effect it. I am not 100% sure on the effects while TTC, but just to be safe I cut it out (and I do not enjoy it lol!). I've also tried to cut out soda, but that's a bit harder (sadly).

If I were you, I would allow myself maybe one glass of wine (or whatever it is you fancy :) ). Just don't overdo it!

Hi,
Well, while ttc #1, I drank as usual for a few months, gave up for a couple of months, drank lightly for a few months and conceived (miscarriage). When I conceived my daughter, I was drinking regularly at the weekend, though not to huge excess! Wheni conceived again I wasn't really drinking a lot, but still resulted in mc.

Now I am trying to cut down, but it is hard when you don't know how long ttc will take, and sometimes you do need to drown your sorrows a little bit. I would say continue to drink if you want to, but obviously not to get blind drunk. Everything in moderation, and I believe there's no evidence to suggest that moderate drinking harms ttc in any way. Good luck x

Thank you!

I'm not a heavy drinker anyways, but do enjoy going out with friends and having a drink or two. I also don't think a glass of wine or one beer would hurt :)

While TTC my first baby we was more ntnp and I drank quite a bit throughout the last month on ntnp we had loads of events to go to etc and I won't deny it I over indulged in the wine, she's a now healthy three year old I think as long as you quit the drink when you get that BFP you will be fine!

One thing that really gets to me is you hear of people who smoke,drink and do drugs and still have a healthy pregnancy, then there's woman like us who try everything to avoid mc and still suffer that loss :( my last pregnancy I did everything by the book and it still ended in mc. It sucks.

I'm drinking a glass of wine while typing this, lol. I wouldn't worry about a drink here or there.

I monitor my cycles and don't drink in my TWW just in case of pregnancy. I'm pretty cautious about alcohol in early pregnancy as that's when everything is starting to form!
But I enjoy a drink here and there at any other time in my cycle, just not post ovulation :flow:

That said, I know MANY women who drank well into their first tri's, not knowing they were pregnant, and haven't seen any troubled babies so far :shrug:

I was a very heavy drinker before getting pregnant, and was drinking a lot before my BFP (conceived on NYE, drank a lot during Sunday football). I don't believe there is much impact at all as long as you're still eating healthy, getting exercise, and plenty of sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->