Driving Test In 9 Days Help

Discussion in 'General Chatter' started by vicky9207, Aug 22, 2009.

1. vicky9207

vicky9207 Well-Known Member

Didnt Know Were To post This But I Hope Here Is OK

My Driving Test Is Coming Up And Im Dreading It

Does Anyone Have Any Words Of Wisdom Regarding Nerves?

2. Waiting4Bump

Waiting4Bump Well-Known Member

Bach's Rescue Remedy spray :thumbup:
    My friend was the most nervous person, and on her driving test she used this & passed first time!! Definately work! :thumbup:

Good luck hun xx

3. vicky9207

Sorry Im A bit Clueless Lol Whats Bach's Rescue Remedy spray And Were Do You Get It Lol

Thanks

4. Waiting4Bump

Superdrugs or Boots, I think! It's just a herbal spray, you spray it under your tongue, I think, and it calms you down, & helps you to relax!
    Really good! We all used it before our A-Level exams! :thumbup: x

5. vicky9207

Thanks Im Gonna Give That A Go

6. Waiting4Bump

It's definately worth a try hun!

My driving instructor always says there isn't much you can't put right. For example, on manoeveures (or however you spell it!) if you think you are going to hit the kerb or whatever, just tell your test person that you are just going to pull forwards a little to correct yourself. You won't fail that way, & it's best to take your time.

Don't rush anything - You have the time to fit it all in.

When the test person tells you to pull over & stop on the left of the road (well I guess it's always the left!), make you sure go straight to handbrake & neutral, or they will just sit there & probably make some sarcastic comment!

But they are just the mistakes I make! :thumbup: x

7. taperjeangirl

taperjeangirl Well-Known Member

Good Luck! I failed mine for speeding a few weeks back so no wisdom from me, although rescue remedy is fab! Nevermind just a few drops though, down the whole bottle!

Remember to watch your speed! Better to be a bit slow than too fast. Take your time with all the manouvres.

8. Waiting4Bump

My driving instructor has told me that if I fail it will be for my speed or hesitation when pulling out of junctions!

9. Tilly

Tilly Guest

I used to use the bach;s stuff for my lessons, thats how nervous I used to be!! then gradually got more confident to the point where I didn't need it. I couldn't find it around the time of my test as we just moved house! but it is helpful

I failed first time unfortunately, just do your best! - theres always another time, try not to beat yourself up too much and try to stay calm and remember the examiner is only human too and will most likely understand your nerves. Good luck :)

By the way, taperjeangirl - I know you're joking about downing the whole bottle lol, but don't take more than the stated dose as I actually overdosed on it once on my driving lesson, I was dizzy and headachey and couldn't concentrate!

10. AppleBlossom

AppleBlossom Guest

Don't panic. Lol I know that sounds stupid but the more you panic the more you get wrong. I didn't panic on my first test and was doing brilliantly, the best I had ever driven, but then I had to reverse around a corner, I did what I thought was wrong but wasn't, panicked and did go wrong and failed my test

11. xJG30

xJG30 Tom & Mummy <3

Think of it as another lesson with a new driver.

I was nervous as hell and still passed first time :hugs:

12. vicky9207

You Are So Like Me, My Instructor Is All Rite Go, N Im Like No Theres A Car But The Car Is Miles Away

Im Thinking Of Postponing My Test Cos Im Crap Lol

13. mommy43

mommy43 isabel's mummy

i hesitated at a round about on mine n didnt fail my tester said better to hesitate than pull out if ur not sure

14. hancake100

hancake100 Mummy to a princess x

Good luck hun!!! :dust::dust: xxx

15. Eala

Eala Mum of two gorgeous girls

Take your time, take deep breaths. Seriously, make yourself take some deep breaths - gets oxygen to your brain, and that little pause can really help :)

Before you do any manouevres (sp?), crank the windows down on both sides. If it's raining, just open them a little bit, but get them open! Not only does it get some fresh air in the car (helps you think!) but you'll be able to hear traffic before you see it.

Remember the examiner isn't your enemy - he or she wants to see that you are safe and competent to be on the road. Pretend they aren't there as much as possible - don't get hung up on what they're doing or looking at. If you start watching their clipboard, you're not looking at the road and that's when problems start!

You are not going to be asked to do anything you haven't already done competently many times before - try and keep that in mind. Your instructor wouldn't let you go for the test if he/she didn't think you were capable of passing it. Try your best to treat it like any other drive you've had with your instructor. Also keep in mind that it's only about 40 minutes from when they take you out to the car to when you're back at the test centre - it won't last forever :hugs:

I do remember very vividly how scary it is - I only passed my test yesterday! 6 minors, and every one of them was a stupid thing, purely down to nerves. I'm sure you're not crap at all, you'd be perfectly safe on the road on your own - it's nerves getting in the way just now. Try some affirmations, visualise yourself driving well, getting all the right observations in, etc.

Good luck :hugs:

16. vicky9207

thank u every much eala, im gonna take ur advice

17. Hollys_Twinny

Hollys_Twinny Well-Known Member

My mums instructor put lavender scented oil in the heaters. And told her if she gets in a panic just turn the heaters on a little :) other than that it's down to you! Just don't get too nervous and forget to check your blind spots... Which is wat I done on my first test! Good luck :) x

18. Dinoslass

Dinoslass Well-Known Member

Just try to take it easy.

And good good good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. vicky9207

Thank You Everyone

20. vicky9207

I Passed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance: