dropped her night feed but not increased day feed?

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by gemmaevans, Nov 16, 2011.

1. gemmaevans

gemmaevans Well-Known Member

Hi, My little girl (16 weeks) was having 5 feeds a day and varied from 4 to 8 oz, but the last 2 nights she has slept through the night and i have woke her at 7 for a 7.30am feed. i thought she would increase her bottles now she has dropped the night feed but she only had 6oz this morning (last feed was at 7pm last night then 7.30am this morning) and then next feed at 11 she only had 4oz? she seems really happpy in herself. she will have a feed at 3 and then 7, should i be worried and try to fit in another feed somewhere?

Thanks

2. Jazzy-NICU

Jazzy-NICU Well-Known Member

Hey, i'm going to stalk this thread as was wondering the same thing too! x

3. PAgal

PAgal Well-Known Member

My LO is the same way, she actually eats less now since sttn, so she goes 12-14 hrs without eating overnite then doesn't eat as often in the daytime either. If they are happy and healthy I think they are just fine!

4. kdea547

kdea547 1 DD, 2 Angels

As long as she's growing, it should be fine. The more my baby sleeps, the less she eats and the less she wants to eat. I think in the early days she was trying to fill her energy gap from too little sleep with more food! At 13 weeks, she's settled into eating 4-6 oz every 4 hours during the day (4 feeds a day) and sleeps 10-12 blissful hours at night!

5. meow951

meow951 Well-Known Member

My LO did the same at that age and was fine on 4 bottles. As long as they are happy and putting weight on then follow her lead :)

6. Loui1001

Loui1001 Well-Known Member

My Lo did the same too, he's thriving and growing beautifully. I stressed about it for ages and on days when he doesn't eat well I still worry. But he is fed on demand and lets me know when he's hungry so I'm following his lead

7. gemmaevans

gemmaevans Well-Known Member

Thanks all, this makes me feel less stressed xx

8. BabyN2010

BabyN2010 Well-Known Member

I was wondering the same thing, my LO was on 5 bottles in a 24hr period but he started sleeping through the night just over a week ago and I have been worried he wasn't getting enough milk as he has always done 4hrs between his feeds during the day. However his bedtime is 8:30pm and having his bottle too early may interfere with his routine so I now give him a few ounces at 5pm to ensure his last feed at 8pm and to make sure he is getting enough milk.