Dropping milk when weaning....

I agree!! Sam is waking up hungry in the night now too where he is not having milk before bed. I haven't tried any follow on milk yet, so that's up next after cartons!! xx

Hi everyone, sorry I've not picked this up for a few days.
Yes Maia takes solids really well so I've been going out of my way to sneak milk into things to bump up her intake.
I'm feeling much better as I went to baby clinic to get my daughter weighed and she is gaining and is still above the 91st centile :)
The HV said she must just be getting what she needs in her solids so to keep offering milk but not to stress about it.
I am still a bit worried purely from a fluid intake point of view though as she doesn't like drinking water either.
Another positive is I bought a cow and gate follow on milk ready made carton to try today and she drank every drop of it!! This is the first time she has come close to that in weeks. She tends to take 5oz without much protest on a morning so if getting some cartons in will get her to take 7 at night that would make me much happier.
Fingers crossed it wasn't just a one off

Hi everyone, sorry I've not picked this up for a few days.
Yes Maia takes solids really well so I've been going out of my way to sneak milk into things to bump up her intake.
I'm feeling much better as I went to baby clinic to get my daughter weighed and she is gaining and is still above the 91st centile :)
The HV said she must just be getting what she needs in her solids so to keep offering milk but not to stress about it.
I am still a bit worried purely from a fluid intake point of view though as she doesn't like drinking water either.
Another positive is I bought a cow and gate follow on milk ready made carton to try today and she drank every drop of it!! This is the first time she has come close to that in weeks. She tends to take 5oz without much protest on a morning so if getting some cartons in will get her to take 7 at night that would make me much happier.
Fingers crossed it wasn't just a one off

my lo is on cow and gate follow on, i'm going out to buy some cartons tomorrow, fingers crossed :) x

also on a positive note my lo had 6oz at bed time and as just managed 7oz dreamfeed :happydance: thats a total of around 15oz today, not ideal for his age but better than i thought it was going to be earlier. i'm seriously considering moving his first feed of the day later tomorrow and dropping the 2nd. i know this will mean he only has 3 feeds a day but maybe he will just take them better. it's worth a go x

Yay that's better milk intake :) I would definitely try the cartons and see if it makes a difference. I can't believe my LO drank a whole bottle tonight when last night she wouldn't even take an ounce of the powdered stuff. Fingers crossed we're on to something and it's not just coincidence. My DH complains cartons are expensive but I'd argue throwing away an untouched bottle everynight is a bigger waste of money and honestly money is no object if it's my LO's wellbeing at stake x

If Sam takes cartons it will be lots cheaper too as I just throw bottle after bottle away as I always make up 7oz just incase!!

true, i throw away much more milk than he takes lol. it's sickening really as i was getting my milk on prescription for three months. i bought my first tub in months last week and it's mostly gone down the drain literally x

Just to let you know she's taken the whole carton again tonight so I think we might be on to something with cartons. At least it's working :)

Sam has had four feeds today and taken 4/5oz each time from a carton. :D xx

thats great ladies. i didn't get chance to get any today, will get some tomorrow :) x

well just a little update. bought the cartons yesterday and my lo as took a full 7ounces each time :) i tasted them myself and they are so much tastier and creamier. looks like my purse is going to be a bit lighter thou now lol x

:yipee:
Naughty little babies. :D xx

He doesnt get it from his mummy. :blush: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"