Drs Appt Help!!! (pcos)

Strawberry85

Reaction score
I have made an appt tonight at 5:10pm at drs tonight with a newish female dr at my surgery. Last time I spoke to my old dr about my PCOS was when he told me to lose weight 18 months ago... when he took me off metformin after having me on it 4 weeks.

I dont know what to ask for or what I can suggest to my new dr.

I have been TTC for 3 years now, I have not seen Gynae for 3 years now either, not even when I was in hospital 2 years ago with severe abdo pain. The only thing I have to do with my Drs with my PCOS is when I have a very bad bleed and have to have hormone tabs to stop me bleeding.

I want to have a scan hopefully and see Gynae now I lost 5st.. which the gynae wouldnt recognise this loss.. and some treatment to help with my excessive hair and ovulating and to see if I do ovulate.

What kind of tests are there they do?

Please help me im confused and theres 4 hrs before im in her office sweating wandering what to say.. I want to get as much out of this appt as possible concidering im having time off work for it.

Sammy xXx

Sorry don't really have any advice but just wanted to say well done on losing 5st, that's brilliant !

Hopefully your app will go well and get some tests done.

Good Luck

Thats amazing, losing 5 stone!

I have lost 4.5 stone and have noticed small changes in my cycle. I have not been diagnosed with PCOS but I have the major sympom - excessive hair growth!

However, since losing the weight, the hair growth has not got any worse and my periods are a bit more regular (they were never that erratic anyway)

This leads me to believe that I have been ovulating recently. We have only been TTC for 5 months but I am going to start tracking my BBT to see if I am actually ovulating before I make a dr's appointment.

I am assuming that since you have lost all that weight, you can effectively 'start again' with clomid/metaformin as things have definately changed! - its all a matter of opinion, hopefully this new doc will give you a bit more info.

All the best

Moragx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"