Drs are useless....

Lua

Reaction score
Going a little bit mental..

Just been to the Dr...not had AF for 64days now...over a month late! 4 :bfn: on HPT, sent in a urine sample last week for the nurse, which I'm still waiting for the results for but seeing as I needed to see him anyway, thought I'd let him know about that and the fact that I feel SUPER pregnant.

Over the last week I've really bloated out to the point where I look like I have a 5month pregnant bump! I've had awful backache, fuller breasts and I just 'feel' pregnant.

I asked him what would happen if the urine test comes back as a :bfn: and he said that they wouldn't investigate for 6months being a generally healthy woman that just isn't having AF!!!

He also said that he would say that I'm probably pregnant, but they still wouldn't investigate for that long....Although thats obviously a good thing, this seems a little bit crazy to me. But I guess I'm supposed to just wait until I get a :bfp: on a HPT...if I ever do...or wait until I look big enough for him to take me seriously??!

Sorry this is long, just hoped someone had been in a similar situation, with preferably a positive outcome! x

Sorry honey not been in same situation as you as I am only one week late.

You must be feeling super frustrated with all the symptoms yet no :bfp:

I really do feel for you :hug:

I find it amazing that if you are not pg they won't investigate til 6 mnths, obviously there is something up if the :witch:is on no show for that length of time.

Hopefully you will get the results soon and it will be a :bfp:

Personally, I would be asking to see another dr. You need to have confindence in your Dr and he is not really listening to you.

Our practice nurse was a midwife, and she always says, Gps are useless when it comes to pregnancy. There are very few who take it seriously and actually understand what us ladies go through.

Please don't just sit and dwell on it. If your told you cant see another dr I would speak to the Practice Manager. Your health & well being is paramount. Have you been taking your Folic acid?? Cos you need to be taking care of yourself just incase your instincts are right.

Keep us posted :hug:

Personally, I would be asking to see another dr. You need to have confindence in your Dr and he is not really listening to you.

Our practice nurse was a midwife, and she always says, Gps are useless when it comes to pregnancy. There are very few who take it seriously and actually understand what us ladies go through.

Please don't just sit and dwell on it. If your told you cant see another dr I would speak to the Practice Manager. Your health & well being is paramount. Have you been taking your Folic acid?? Cos you need to be taking care of yourself just incase your instincts are right.

Keep us posted :hug:

Lisa,

Yeah, he really did make me feel like I was being a bit simple! But I'm on holiday for a week from next Wed. (was hoping I'd know before then so I could pretend the bump in my bikini was because of baby and not cake!!) so I'm going to leave it until after then and then see someone else.

I am taking a pregnancy multivitamin and have stopped alcohol and cut down on caffeine, so I'm being a good girl :)

Thanks for the reply :) :hug:

I can kinda relate to you hun, Im over 2 weeks late and had 5 negs. Im also awaiting a urine sample result but u should have had urs back by now if done last week? I was told to call today or tomorro, I only took it in yesterday. hoping u get ur :bfp: soon :hugs: xxx
I got a late for AF thread if u wanna join us xxxx

Lol.. :rofl:

As long as your being a good girlie. At least you have the urine test to come back soon. Have you pestered them for it yet?

:hug:

As long as your being a good girlie. At least you have the urine test to come back soon. Have you pestered them for it yet?

I'm going to give them a call this afternoon and see...I'll be floored if its positive after all those HPTs I've taken! x

I'm going to give them a call this afternoon and see...I'll be floored if its positive after all those HPTs I've taken! x

good luck and let us know how u get on. I know the feeling :hissy:

Just thought I'd update and say that the Dr pregnancy test that was sent to the lab Friday came back as a BFN, but then I expected it to as I got a BFN on a clear blue test I did this morning.
I guess I'm stubborn though as I feel *so* pregnant that I'm not giving up yet, not until I get AF!

Aww so sorry for u, but good 4 you keeping positive!! :hugs:

aw in a way i hope :witch: comes soon then you can concentrate on getting :bfp:

sorry to hear ur news babes. I got a late for AF thread going if u wanna join in, sadly Im outta the game? but Im still here. well at least I think I am. chin up lass xxxxx :hugs:

Sorry to hear you had a BFN.

I found this article if you are interested. Just ignore the primary amenorrhoea and read the secondary amenorrhoea bit (ie youve had periods but theyve stopped). It does say on there that the definition is 6 months without one.

https://www.patient.co.uk/showdoc/40000034/

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->