dr's issue!

podders91

Reaction score
second thread of the day but didn't want to write an essay so i've split it :wacko:

on wednesday (12+2) i went to my dr's because i hadn't heard anything from my midwife, nor seen her yet, and also had no letter for my 12 week scan.
I went in, advised the nurse i saw about my issue, and what came out of her mouth astounded me.
"you'll need to actually tell us you're pregnant before we can assign you a midwife".

I have had a urine test, a blood test, and 2 scans at that dr's surgery with the afternoon midwife, which is all in my book, yet there is nothing on my dr's file to say i've ever been in, so i've not been referred!!
She gave me a pot and told me i needed to bring FMU in tomorrow so they can send it to the lab and confirm my pregnancy, which is when i told her all of the above, and that they are WELL aware of the child inside me. she looked at me like a was mental. like i was imagining it all (i even doubted myself for a second or two because she was so adamant that i had never been in!)

i've now taken in 12 hpt's (yes, i did a lot when i got my bfp!) and the sample she requested. i'm waiting for the lab to confirm pregnancy (again) and then i'll apparently get booked in for my "dating scan" which i had at 6+2, and another at 8+2 which showed growth right on track. I should be under m/wife care now but i'm starting at square one because the nurse refused to contact the m/wife and get my notes.

what the heck am i meant to do in this situation?? surely i'm not actually starting again from the first pregnancy test? what can i do to get them to find my file? i'm so stressed out at the moment, because the reason i should have had 3 scans by now is my APS, to make sure me and baby are healthy. to check for blood clots at the placenta which would be bad news for us both! it's making me feel sick with worry 24/7 and i just can't believe what they have done to us. :cry::nope:

I personally would file a complaint with whatever medical board takes complaints about doctors and go to a new midwife. It's really, really weird that they would have no electronic nor paper trail of your visits. Did you keep any of your own paperwork? I have several documents such as a welcome packet and my confirmed referral from my insurance company.

Definitely complain, that's appalling and she shouldn't have been so dismissive and rude.

Did they give you any scan pics or anything you can use to prove you have been before? I'm not surprised you are stressed hun XXXX

I personally would file a complaint with whatever medical board takes complaints about doctors and go to a new midwife. It's really, really weird that they would have no electronic nor paper trail of your visits. Did you keep any of your own paperwork? I have several documents such as a welcome packet and my confirmed referral from my insurance company.

i've got all of my own paperwork but honestly never thought to take it with me. the midwives keep their copies as they move around different surgeries, hospitals and also homes, but they never copied it over. apparently it is up to the dr to request this, which she never did... :growlmad:

i'm definitely complaining! and i've called the hospital, who have my midwife noted down and she has since called me to arrange a home visit and a scan, a week and 5 days later than it should be, but the earliest she could get me in for. how the hospital have my info but my dr's have been bypassed i have no idea! i feel a little less worried now i know i'm going to be seeing her on monday at the dr's and can bombard her with questions!

omg hun im so sorry they have messed you around!! Defenitely put in an official complaint! x

I had a similar issue although not quite so dramatic but when I got my positive test I rang my GP to ask her about which of my meds I could carry on taking and she was happy to believe I was pregnant off of my home digi test and told me to book an appointment with the surgeries midwife asap because I was a high risk for miscarriage for medical problems. I then saw the midwife at 5+5 and had a private scan at 8 weeks and my booking appointment with the midwife at 9 weeks but when I rang my GP's surgery to organise getting the forms for the maternity exemption form they told me that my GPs notes had weren't highlighted to say pregnant so despite a scan and multiple appointments they still wanted me to come in a do a test! I was baffled!

Did they give you any scan pics or anything you can use to prove you have been before? I'm not surprised you are stressed hun XXXX

i've got pics on my phone of my early scan as my dr's can't print ones for us to take home. the only issue is i didn't get my name or date in the pic because i was only interested in the little bean!

I had a similar issue although not quite so dramatic but when I got my positive test I rang my GP to ask her about which of my meds I could carry on taking and she was happy to believe I was pregnant off of my home digi test and told me to book an appointment with the surgeries midwife asap because I was a high risk for miscarriage for medical problems. I then saw the midwife at 5+5 and had a private scan at 8 weeks and my booking appointment with the midwife at 9 weeks but when I rang my GP's surgery to organise getting the forms for the maternity exemption form they told me that my GPs notes had weren't highlighted to say pregnant so despite a scan and multiple appointments they still wanted me to come in a do a test! I was baffled!

seems like the exact same as me. sorry you went through this too. it's infuriating! did they sort it only after the test or did they actually use some common sense and find your notes? :wacko:

This makes me so mad!!!! That woman sounds like a rude Piece of work.

I don't understand why they need to test you - my dr (for every pregnancy) has just taken my word for it!

I don't understand why they need to test you - my dr (for every pregnancy) has just taken my word for it!

same for all my past pregnancies.. it's almost like they think i'm making it up because there's been so many times that i've told them i'm preg but then mc'd before 12 weeks so no scan :cry:

My midwife required I bring proof of pregnancy to my first appointment. Seems standard to me.

My midwife required I bring proof of pregnancy to my first appointment. Seems standard to me.

i know some require proof, which is fine by me, i took a test with me to my first app.

but i've already had a urine test, blood test, and two scans with the in-house midwife at my surgery so asking me for "proof" now is ludicrous!! :wacko:

I am so sorry you're going through this. What a way to start such a wonderful journey. I would try to see this as a sign to keep looking for a better midwife. One who is kind and understands what has happened. It doesn't sound like the first one would have been very helpful or supportive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->