Drs rang

Holly82

Mummy to 10
Reaction score
Ok the Drs have just rang and said my pregnancy urine test(needed for a mw referral) has come back 'inconclusive'???! I was 4+1 when I did it. The dr apparently thinks I may of tested too early, hence the result. WTF?? I had blazing lines on a frer and CB plus a day or two before. They want me to do it again, which is just great, as it means I'm going to be waiting even longer to see someone as I had a previous eptopic.

Sorry having a rant and feeling annoyed.

Hubby has said to go and buy more tests.

How can a urine test come back inconclusive? They can't check for levels in urine, just blood? Do they mean the test line was just faint? If so don't worry, Doctors tests are well known for not being sensitive. I was still getting negatives on doctors urine tests till gone 5 weeks. Try not to let it worry you too much. I'm sure all is fine.

Thanks for the replies.

I can only assume it was a faint line, otherwise it would of been negative. Hubby went to the shop for a cheap boots test and I just did it after probably only 1/2 hr old and this is it.

I'm just more annoyed that I'm having to wait even longer before I can speak to someone regarding the previous eptopic. I was hoping to be scanned around 6 weeks just to confirm its in the right place, but at this rate I'll be lucky if they get the results back by then. I'm 5 weeks tomorrow and no concerns that I'm having another eptopic, but the fear is still there.

I don't know if I can self refer to the epu here and the dr I saw last week was rediclious useless.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 33
Do you have a direct number for your epu. If you do most epu's will allow you to self refer if you have had a previous eptopic. Our epu is really strict with who they see but even they will allow self referal for that reason. Hope you get seen really soon!

You are definitely pregnant that is for sure. Doctor's offices are usually set at 50mlu vs. home tests which generally are at 25 mlu. If you are not showing up pregnant at a doctor's office a scan at 6 weeks is very iffy to be able to see anything yet. You'd need to be at 50 at a doctor test and then at around 2-3000 to get a get view. Does that make sense? If you are so early at 4 weeks that you can't pull positives at a doctor's office I am doubtful at 6 weeks you'd see much yet. I'd say though by your home one you are most definitely pregnant!!!!

Thanks I did try to ring them an hour ago, but no answer. I found the number online but said its referral only. I will try again tomorrow and I'll go to Drs with another sample. Really annoyed why they can't take things more seriously at times x

They diagnosed my eptopic at 6 weeks, after 3 dr visits and two trips to a&e. I'm still so annoyed that it couldn't of been noticed sooner. It ruptured and I lost one of my tubes. I just want them to confirm that it's in the womb this time. In my heart im sure everything is fine this time, whereas before I knew something was wrong. I'm still worried tho xxxxx

Honestly don't panic!!!!

I went for 2 urine tests at my gp and BOTH came back inconclusive, the receptionist asked if I wanted to do it again and I said I couldn't be bothered to do it again. I initially wanted blood tests because my previous pregnancy was a MMC but that meant being referred and that was too much effort for the surgery.

anyway i'm now 15 weeks+ pregnant and I've had 2 successful, perfect scans. To check viability
I just booked a reassurance scan at a private clinic at about 7 weeks instead of relying on the doctors crappy tests :shrug:

Thanks hun xxxx I'm trying not to, but it worried me at first x

Thing is they won't refer me to the mws unless I do the urine pg test, so kind of can't not do it if you know what I mean and it's them I need to discuss my previous eptopic with as the dr says its upto them, to see what they want to do.

I've looked into having a private scan done, but it's £99 for a 3-5 minute scan that's 40+ miles away, so I really would prefer it if they could do it, although I am willing to do it if I have no other option x

I'll go and do the test again tomorrow, but I won't get the results for 2 days (so slow) x just hope it doesn't happen again as will be worried.

I had a similar issue at my first midwife visit. I was probably 4w6d (maybe a day less) and I was told that my test was so light she had to squint. She said I was likely going to get my period very soon (she also found blood in my urine) but that she was concerned that I was experiencing an ectopic pregnancy, rather than just a regular early miscarriage. I'd had NO bleeding at that point, and the home tests I took right before going were very obvious with matching lines. They weren't super sensitive tests either! She had me get a blood draw to check betas before I left the office. I got a call the next day saying my hcg level had been 664. I cannot imagine what the threshold is for the test that they use if my midwife had to squint to see a line with an HCG of over 600.

She still had me scared, so she sent me for an ultrasound a week later. They saw a perfect sac sitting in my uterus. My HCG that day was 7600ish. It had doubled perfectly. So much stress just because their tests suck.

All that to say, try not to worry. I have heard this exact same story so many times on here. I'd really love to know what tests all these doctors/midwives are using!

Thank you for your reply xxx I'm not letting it bother me today. I went at lunchtime to repeat the test, but I won't get the results for a day or two at the earliest. I had a good 4 hour hold with only 1 cup of tea, so it should be ok now, if it's not I will be amazed. I'm 5 weeks today. I just want to speak to someone who knows the protocol regarding a previous eptopic, as although I'm ok physically (no pain or bleeding) I can't help worry. All I want to know is that it's in the womb xxx I'm hoping the midwife will be in touch as soon as the results come in, she saw me at 6 weeks with my dd, so hoping it will be the same this time xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->