Drugs and babies

divadexie

Reaction score
Wasn't really sure where to post this but I have just found out the little boy who was going to be my god son has died today :(

I was friends with his dad, him and his partner managed to concieve and after 7 miscarriages, but both were on drugs.
I thought this guy was trying to get clean, I honestly did. And she told me she wasn't taking anything.

So when the baby was born and they asked me to be his god mum I was over the moon.... Until he was snatched away and put in intensive care... He nearly died coming off the hash, methadone and heroin.
He had to be on meds for 6 weeks to come off it, and it was still touch and go.

I stopped speaking to either of the parents as I couldn't believe anyone could put their baby at risk like that.

I found out through a friend of a friend that today that baby, who was going to be one on 27december, died after having a massive fit. He had been in care and on meds and at hospital appointments for months, but he just wasn't strong enough to make it.

I'm not really sure what my point was, I'm a little upset, that someone could do that to a little baby :(

im so sorry to hear this i hope everyone can heal from this

Oh my god that's horrendous! :cry:

I couldn't agree with you more and I don't blame you for ceasing contact with them. People are so selfish :(

Thanks.
He was such a perfect little boy, he hardly cried which was surprising he must have been feeling so sick.
It was because of holding and feeding him I decided I really wanted another baby :)
He is with the angels now free from pain and no longer in social care, I couldn't think of a better place for him, it can't have been much of a life for him here.

The worse thing is, because the social took him off the parents before anything was investigated there really isn't much they can do about it. They did get charged with possesion with intent to supply, but it's not much really :(

It's so very difficult! I said on a earlier thread I work with drug users (and other offenders) and there are a lot of users who are so very desperate to get clean but there is this hold over them that not even a baby can change (which is the saddest thing about it) some can change though because they want to and are ready and willing to engage with agencies to help and support them.

Even more harmful than drugs in pregnancy however is the sheer number of children born into homes of domestic abuse! A big part of my job is to work with perpetrators of domestic violence and hearing the effects it can have on children makes me lose sleep at night! But also makes me realise that support/rehabilitation is essential to save the lives of many more children!

Sorry I appear to have gone off subject! Sorry for highjack and I am also truly sorry for the tragic loss of your godson!!!! XXXXXXXX

I think people who use drugs should be made to have the implant or something so they cannot harm unborn babies, then if they really want to have one they will need to get clean.
It is alot easier to stay clean than get clean, if you really want it.

That's so sad... this may not sound right, but maybe life with two hooked parents would have been worse? It's just that kids like that usually end up with so many issues, and so unhappy. Poor things. I wish more people would take pregnancy as a cue to unveil their less-selfish natures. :cry:

i think that is one of the most horrific things ever - what makes it truly worse is the fact that even in their fooked up state they actively tried to have a child - knowing full well the complications

my goodness, how awful....if they cant realise how precious a baby is after suffering 7 miscarriages they never will.....this kind of thing make's my blood boil!

my goodness, how awful....if they cant realise how precious a baby is after suffering 7 miscarriages they never will.....this kind of thing make's my blood boil!

it wouldnt matter what they went through in 'real life' people on heroin dont see past their next fix - not for anything

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->