Dry cleaning pram fabrics

firsttimer87

First-timer expecting
Reaction score
Hi all,

just a quick question, we're going to be getting a new pram but an ex-display model (as its soooo much cheaper a silver cross complete travel system for £195), and obviously I want to clean all the fabrics/covrs. Although all say they are machine washable, the first clean I wanted to poss dry clean. Is this ok seeing as all the chemicals they use to dry clean??

All constructive comments welcome :flower:

No idea about dry cleaning hun sorry but if label says they are machine washable i would stick them in the machine. I have washed a lot of pram/buggy covers and hood etc in the machine and never had any problems always come out looking like new.

Yeah I would say if it says machine washable do that as I have with my bugaboo covers when LO was sick on them and it came up like new xxx

If you really want to dry clean for fear of fading of the materials when brand new then might I suggest that you look into finding a more evironmentally sound 'dry' cleaner by looking for a wet cleaner. I use them all the time for my DH's military uniforms and they provide great results equal to that of a traditional dry cleaner but don't use nasty solvents. https://eartheasy.com/article_wet_dry_cleaning.htm

ive machine washed pram and carseat covers and they have always come out fine i just reshape them to fit when they come out and dry them inside so they dont fade in the sun

thanks for all the replies ladies. I guess I just wanted them 'squeeky' clean for before LO comes lol. Might just wash them on like a 40-50 degress or something then x

Traditional dry cleaning chemicals are toxic and I wouldn't let them anywhere near my baby. You would be better off to NOT clean it than to dry clean. I think putting it through the wash should be fine. What are you afraid will stick behind and be harmful to your baby if you throw it in the washer?

makena - nothing in particuar really, jst its been a display model so out of box and has gotten dusty etc. Just didnt know if a normal wash would clean it well enough first time round tbh. A higher temp wash should be fine i've decided now lol x

Id be careful with a higher temp waash as some covers say cool wash on the instructions :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->