Dry pailing nappies

sugarpuff

Reaction score
i might just be having a thick moment, but it suddenly occurred to me that i'm not sure how to put the nappies in the bucket (obviously taking the lid off is a good start...)

i'm planning on mainly using things like bg v3s and pop ins - would i take the inserts out and pull the pop ins apart before putting them in the bucket ? would i just leave them completely taken apart like that or would the poop go all over the shop ? do i rinse poop off first ? oo good lord where did all these sudden panicky conundrums come from ?? :shrug:

help !

i rinse the poop off then i separate all the various parts and pop then in the bucket that way.

I just chuck them in the bucket (without rinsing as bf poo is just too runny) and when full shove them all in the machine, 40deg with liquid fairy non bio and a slug of white vinegar in the conditioner draw.

To prevent a smelly bucket I usualy wipe it out with lavender oil (part water mix) or tea tree.

I have been known to put drops on a sanitary towel and stick to the underside of the lid especialy during summer.

I rinse any remaining poop off with the shower and take the nappy apart. Then i wring out and put in my laudry mesh bag in the pail (saves me having to plunge my hands in to wet smelly nappies at wash time :sick:). I put a muslin over the top of the bucket, under the lid with a few drop of essential oil to stop it smelling or I use the northern essence citrus circles taped to the lid of my pail.

Have you got a laundry bag for your bucket? That makes things easier :D

https://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51be6PV7sOL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

If you haven't got a bucket yet they do toy buckets with locking lids in Wilkinsons for around £3 x

I just chuck em in the bucket without rinsing, BF poo is too much hassle to wash off, then check em in the wash on 60 degree with Wilkinson's own brand eco non-bio liquid.

I did have a mesh bag but it died :( lol I need to get a new one and keep forgetting!

I have a quick rinse cycle on my washing machine. So I just separate them and toss them in for a rinse and than take them out and toss them in the pail. My pail has a liner in it and a carbon filter on the lid to stop smells from escaping. I do anything I can to avoid messing with the poo. :haha:

I do that if we have reaaaaaly bad explosion poo's, we had injections last monday and the nappies were MINGING after, I won't give you details but I'm pretty hardy to poo and even these made me gag!

I just take poo out and dump them in the bucket...i also gave up on a bag :lol: Just split up the bits put the tags together :)

I give the nappies a rinse in the sink if they're dirty and sometimes if the wee is smelly, then chuck them in the bucket in a mesh bag. Don't forget to fasten any velcro tabs so they don't stick to each other. With the pop-ins, I just undo one set of the poppers on the inside, so each of the inner bits is just poppered at one end - you end up with the outer poppered to the big inside bit which is poppered to the booster. Makes it quicker to put them together again after and doesn't seem to affect the washing or drying, think it's what the makers recommend on their instructions.

thanks so much for all your replies ! so the general consensus seems to be rinse off the poop (except sloppy breastmilk explosions!) and take everything apart before putting in lined bucket ? sounds good to me. i'm hoping not to have any problems actually dealing with the yuckyness of it all, years of dogs/puppies and the general yuck at my work have hopefully desensitised me - the hubby is another matter entirely, he's a bit worried to say the least :haha:

i'm very excited as i've just taken delivery of a big box of nappy goodies courtesy of my council incentive voucher - mmmm nappy stuff to play with... how sad am i lol

ooooh what did you get?

P.S where abouts are in lancs r u from?

i'm from leyland - whereabouts are you ?

i've got a nappy bucket, 2 mesh bags, some bamboo boosters, fleece liners (i tried cutting up a cheap fleece blanket earlier this week and made a right balls up of it lol), a pop in dream dri and nighttime booster thing, a million bamboo reusable wipes and a few bamboo terry nappies. i already have a selection of bamboo pop ins, bumgenious v3s and itti bitti d'lish and i'm waiting on a trial bamboo little lamb. all so much fun :)

so far i'm actually really loving the bamboo terry nappies, purely cos they're so much fun to fold and look really cute ! well, winnie the pooh looks good in it anyway....

teehee i live in p'ton too so not very far at all. If you ever need any practical advice feel free to shout :thumbup:

You're building some stash there girl lol! :rofl: @winnie the pooh

sounds like a great stash sugarpuff! i tried all my nappies on an old style andrex puppy teddy before leyla arrived :)

i'm originally from preston too, well near lostock hall, so kinda near leyland. live in skanky london now though :(

oo lots of local ladies (even if some have you have migrated :) )

Yeah, I left BF poo well alone, trying to rinse it would have been soooo messy. With BG I would take the inserts out, stick the velcro tabs down and fold the outer in half to contain the poo. Now his poos are solid so I just drop them down the loo before going ahead as before.

Your years of dog experience will come in handy but you may be pleasantly surprised how much less BF baby poo smells than dog poo :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->