Dubious viability

Sweetkat

Reaction score
Should be 6w5d and sure of my dates as got bfp on 8 Feb. Measuring 5-6 weeks and no heartbeat seen. In total shock as had an MMC end of October and wanted to be sure everything ok so far. Was seen by a consultant and he said less than 50% chance of it being ok as yolk sack also too big :(. Has anyone had this and turn out ok? Hasn't even sunk in.

My OH is on very strong medication for a medical condition. He stopped taking it for a year and my daughter was born no problems. Now he can't stop again as he deteriorates and can't function at all. The medication is category X for pregnancy. Leaflet inside says man has to stop taking it 3-6 months before conception. But his Dr said don't worry go ahead anyway. Well we did - but looks like both pregnancies on it are ending in miscarriage. I am desperate for a second baby. So what do I do? Wish he had no health issues.

I don't have any advice or experience to offer, but I just wanted to say I'm so sorry you're dealing with this... :( :hugs: <3

I don't have any advice or experience to offer, but I just wanted to say I'm so sorry you're dealing with this... :( :hugs: <3

Thank you. I really thought the first time was just unlucky, but now that this pregnancy seems to be going wrong, I feel totally lost :(.

Life sucks :(

It could just be bad luck. I had two miscarriages in a row before conceiving my daughter.

It could just be bad luck. I had two miscarriages in a row before conceiving my daughter.

If he wasn't on the medication, I would carry on trying. But with the medication, just seems like there is a massive risk. Obviously I still have another ultrasound next week and things could be ok, but it doesn't sound promising, so in my mind it's all over.

do you have a picture of the ultrasound? enlarged yolk sacs are usually an ominous sign unfortunately :(

do you have a picture of the ultrasound? enlarged yolk sacs are usually an ominous sign unfortunately :(

No I don't have a picture. The consultant just said it'a enlarged. He also said if I start bleeding; I will know the answer and also suggested doing bloods. But i was too stunned to agree to bloods. He then wrote in pen on the report that dubious viability. Otherwise it says discrepancy with dates and no heartbeat seen.

I hope things turn out ok for u. Sending lots of positive vibes xx

I hope things turn out ok for u. Sending lots of positive vibes xx

Thank you. Doesn't look good to be fair and with OH being on this medicine I am not holding out hope :(

:hugs: keeping everything crossed for you xx

Thank you. Consultant didn't seem positive and neither did sonographer. Although they did say there is a chance could turn out ok, but there is no way I could be out on my dates as got bfp 3 weeks tomorrow and clearblue and it said 1-2. Should be 7 weeks tomorrow and yesterday they said 4-5-6. Should have been 6-7.

I don't think there is anything wrong in being hopeful. I also had back to back miscarriages before this last BFP. I went in at 6 weeks, 6 days and at that scan I was measuring 6 weeks 2 days. 10 days later the baby caught up. I just want you to know while I understand it could go anyway, this early on these little guys do so much growing in just 24 hours. Please stay hopeful until the next appointment but prepare mentally for anything. :friends:

I don't think there is anything wrong in being hopeful. I also had back to back miscarriages before this last BFP. I went in at 6 weeks, 6 days and at that scan I was measuring 6 weeks 2 days. 10 days later the baby caught up. I just want you to know while I understand it could go anyway, this early on these little guys do so much growing in just 24 hours. Please stay hopeful until the next appointment but prepare mentally for anything. :friends:

I was crying on and off this morning and in my mind it's all over. My daughter always measured correctly (although I didn't have an early scan with her).

Never thought would have one MC, never mind two :(

I am sorry about your MCs and glad all going well now :)

Am waiting for a scan now. Want to hear a second opinion and can't just sit at home and wait. And they might at least takes bloods. Will update after. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

So basically have been told I have 70/30 chance of miscarrying but they can't diagnose it until I have been back next week and possibly also the week after that. I am ok actually. She said it's cos am over 35. I just want to try again ASAP and pray that everything turns out fine next time.

Am measuring 4-5 weeks and no beginning of baby, just yolk sack and embryonic sack, which is waaaaay out. And also I have a small internal bleed (but she said that can also happen in normal pregnancy).

So all over alas :(

Hope to give you a little hope.. I had a little bleed at 6weeks had my bloods done my HCG was only in the 4 weekish range I had a scan 4 days later at what should of been 6dw4 measured under 5 weeks and there was a only a gestional and yolk sac present went back a week later to see a fetal pole with a little heart beat it was slow but my baby is still growing I am sure of my dates as I had spotting at 10dpo then a positive at 11dpo but my baby is still growing..I go back for a scan on Wednesday where I am hoping to find a nice strong heart beat x

Hope to give you a little hope.. I had a little bleed at 6weeks had my bloods done my HCG was only in the 4 weekish range I had a scan 4 days later at what should of been 6dw4 measured under 5 weeks and there was a only a gestional and yolk sac present went back a week later to see a fetal pole with a little heart beat it was slow but my baby is still growing I am sure of my dates as I had spotting at 10dpo then a positive at 11dpo but my baby is still growing..I go back for a scan on Wednesday where I am hoping to find a nice strong heart beat x

Keeping my fingers crossed for you. You have seen a heartbeat whereas they are saying nothing but a sac and yolk sack - early intrauterine pregnancy is what it says and a small bleed. I had that with my daughter too and it showed on the 12 week scan. It's not totally hopeless but she said because am sure of dates she is concerned as no way is it measuring 7 weeks, only 4-5. I am going back next Monday to see if there is any change. She also said if I have a period like bleeding I am miscarrying. This gives me hope that the bleeding won't be as bad as my 8.5 weeks miscarriage in October but more like a heavy period. I don't understand why nature is so imperfect and why miscarriages even exist. But am so baby obsessed that I will carry on trying until I get my rainbow :)

Good luck to you with follow up scans :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->