Dubious viability

Sounds like my loss in decemnber Hun. I was over 6 weeks and only a sac could be seen. Then same 12 days later although the sac had grown slightly. I had started bleeding between those 2 scans but didn't actually mc till a few days after the second scan. They then did a 3rd that confirmed I had mc xx

Sounds like my loss in decemnber Hun. I was over 6 weeks and only a sac could be seen. Then same 12 days later although the sac had grown slightly. I had started bleeding between those 2 scans but didn't actually mc till a few days after the second scan. They then did a 3rd that confirmed I had mc xx
wow somebody I remember hi there my names Serina I had lily in June 2009 ... Sorry to her about your mc xxx

Sorry about your MC but fantastic news that you are pregnant so soon after :). I am keeping my fingers crossed for you and hoping to get pregnant very soon too :). Did you get pregnant before you even had a period?

I hate this limbo. No cramping, no bleeding, no scan for at least another 6 days and nothing I can do but wait :(. I think it's likely to end badly; but I would rather sth happened one way or another :(

I'm sorry.. i can maybe offer you a tiny bit of hope.. i went in to get hCG drawn at 4.5 weeks.. they basically told me i would miscarry because my numbers were in the 3 week range. i went in at 6 weeks (at this point i had already seen a strong heartbeat of 135 with my second baby) and there was nothing but a gestational and yolk sac. went back at 7 weeks and there was a very strong heartbeat and baby. and went back at 10 1/2 and there was a little babe in there kicking around with a very fast heart rate! i hope everything is okay for you, but if not, do not give up. one of my friends had back to back miscarriages and now everything is totally fine with her current pregnancy- she's about 10 days behind me

So basically have been told I have 70/30 chance of miscarrying but they can't diagnose it until I have been back next week and possibly also the week after that. I am ok actually. She said it's cos am over 35. I just want to try again ASAP and pray that everything turns out fine next time.

Am measuring 4-5 weeks and no beginning of baby, just yolk sack and embryonic sack, which is waaaaay out. And also I have a small internal bleed (but she said that can also happen in normal pregnancy).

So all over alas :(

I'm sorry news wasn't more positive. I am 41 (42 in July) and was told I have less than a 1% chance of conceiving on my own. I had 3 pregnancies in the last 10 months.

I do believe we have the power to overcome. I'll pray you get through this next week quickly.

I'm sorry.. i can maybe offer you a tiny bit of hope.. i went in to get hCG drawn at 4.5 weeks.. they basically told me i would miscarry because my numbers were in the 3 week range. i went in at 6 weeks (at this point i had already seen a strong heartbeat of 135 with my second baby) and there was nothing but a gestational and yolk sac. went back at 7 weeks and there was a very strong heartbeat and baby. and went back at 10 1/2 and there was a little babe in there kicking around with a very fast heart rate! i hope everything is okay for you, but if not, do not give up. one of my friends had back to back miscarriages and now everything is totally fine with her current pregnancy- she's about 10 days behind me

Thank you. I know there is a bit of hope left, but it just doesn't sound right that I am so far out. I suspect that I ovulated around day 16 and got my BFP 3 days before my missed period. So my dates could be 2 days out max.

What does annoy me is that one ultrasound put me a week behind and the other 2 to 2.5 weeks behind. And that my ovaries measured different. And one said could see the beginning of a baby (guessing foetal pole); whereas the last woman got annoyed with me and said she sees nothing.

I am almost tempted to go back tomorrow (which will only be 2 days since last scan) and see if there's any change. Although they said wait 2 weeks!!! As if I can sit around at home for 2 weeks and wonder what is going on?!

So basically have been told I have 70/30 chance of miscarrying but they can't diagnose it until I have been back next week and possibly also the week after that. I am ok actually. She said it's cos am over 35. I just want to try again ASAP and pray that everything turns out fine next time.

Am measuring 4-5 weeks and no beginning of baby, just yolk sack and embryonic sack, which is waaaaay out. And also I have a small internal bleed (but she said that can also happen in normal pregnancy).

So all over alas :(

I'm sorry news wasn't more positive. I am 41 (42 in July) and was told I have less than a 1% chance of conceiving on my own. I had 3 pregnancies in the last 10 months.

I do believe we have the power to overcome. I'll pray you get through this next week quickly.

I saw some of your other posts and keeping everything crossed for you that it works out for you. Doctors and their percentages drive me bananas. People's bodies behave in different ways - my grandma had 2 babies at 40 and 42 without any medical intervention and they didn't even have accurate scans back then!! So what's meant to be will be :)

Hi Sweetkat,

Sorry you are going through so much stress :( I had a scan at 6+4 and MD told me that I was measuring around 4.5 weeks. He could see the gestational sac but that's really it. I got to keep a picture and when I went home I realized that there was a teeny black yolk sac as well. Still, I was upset. I went back 10 days later to see a tiny fetal pole and heartbeat. I also measured basically on time by that point. I am now 12+ weeks. Overall though, that initial 4.5 weeks measurement was ludicrous and caused me extra worry. How far along are you at this moment? I know the waiting is just awful and wish I had better coping advice for you. I kept a countdown and zoned out as much as possible :/

Hi Sweetkat,

Sorry you are going through so much stress :( I had a scan at 6+4 and MD told me that I was measuring around 4.5 weeks. He could see the gestational sac but that's really it. I got to keep a picture and when I went home I realized that there was a teeny black yolk sac as well. Still, I was upset. I went back 10 days later to see a tiny fetal pole and heartbeat. I also measured basically on time by that point. I am now 12+ weeks. Overall though, that initial 4.5 weeks measurement was ludicrous and caused me extra worry. How far along are you at this moment? I know the waiting is just awful and wish I had better coping advice for you. I kept a countdown and zoned out as much as possible :/

So glad things worked out for you. I am really confused but not holding out much hope.

Went in at 6&5 for a reassurance scan as had an MMC at 9&2 without any symptoms in October. Was told by sonographer pregnancy looks very small - roughly a week behind. Could see gestational sac, yolk sac and beginning of baby. Consultant said more than 50% will miscarry.

Two days later at 7 weeks went for a second opinion and was told am 4-5 weeks and 70% chance will miscarry :(. That report just says early intrauterine pregnancy and to come back in 2 weeks for viability and dating. I am 7&3 today and planning to go back on Monday if I can wait that long. Otherwise could go on Sat (although I don't know if anything will have changed).

I don't have MS but also zero pain, spotting or blood :)

Here is hoping turns out well for me too.

Happy and healthy 9 months :)

So just went for an ultrasound. Baby measuring 6 weeks. Heartbeat is slow at 82bpm. There is still an internal bleed but that was there last week. Yolk sack enlarged at 7mm, which is normally a sign of miscarriage. I thought I have miscarried already, but now worse in a way, cos 50/50 but sonographer said she isn't hopeful. Have to go back in a week :(

Ah I'm so sorry this is happening to you, I hope you get a clear answer soon my lovely. Hugs xx

Sweetie you could just have ovulated late. I did with my pregnancy. I went in to get a scan when I thought I was 7 weeks pregnant. Turns out I was only 5 weeks pregnant and they could not find a heartbeat. I went back in a day ago because I had some bleeding and I was 7+6 then. They found a heartbeat and everything was fine. I wanted to tell you this because I was so sure I was right on the money with my dates, but turns out I was 2 weeks off. The enlarged sac is a worry, but stranger things have happened.

I really hope it works out for you :hugs:.

Ok sweetie, I just read the updates on this page.

Finding a HB is fantastic!!! Also, that is not a low HB. HB's start out slow and then build. That actually looks quite normal for a baby that just developed its heart. I am so happy they found a HB. That is a really REALLY good sign. Maybe I am remembering things wrong but other stories I have heard with enlarged yolk sacs, they never developed a HB.

Finding a HB is fantastic!!! Also, that is not a low HB. HB's start out slow and then build. That actually looks quite normal for a baby that just developed its heart. I am so happy they found a HB. That is a really REALLY good sign. Maybe I am remembering things wrong but other stories I have heard with enlarged yolk sacs, they never developed a HB.

I honestly didn't expect to see a HB so was happy about that but the report says slow HB of 82. So it could either pick up by next week or not. The senior sonographer said 50/50 and nothing can be done. It's going to be a loooooong week. Pls keep everything crossed for me :)

I honestly didn't expect to see a HB so was happy about that but the report says slow HB of 82. So it could either pick up by next week or not. The senior sonographer said 50/50 and nothing can be done. It's going to be a loooooong week. Pls keep everything crossed for me :)

All my fingers and toes sweetie :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:.

All my fingers and toes sweetie :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:.

Thank you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"